Week in the Life - starting October 5th!

Discussion in 'Memory Motivators' started by klee73010, Sep 17, 2015.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Hey everyone! who's with me? October 5th-11th (or really any week you choose)

I am going to do this project if it kills me.... here's my plan. I will be using the daily pages from Ali Edwards (found HERE) and a list of prompts I found on Pinterest (duh!)
    1ec1ba374c65ce40160ea24cb8cbb6da.jpg

My plan is to actually take a ton of "back up" photos of stationary, non-changing things in/around my house before hand, so I will already have those available the week of. I want to focus on the stories, the week of, and any "in the moment" happenings. I have already created folders in my EHD for the album itself, and the individual days, so everything can just go where I need it to start with.

I haven't 100% decided on how my album will be laid out, but I think I want to use these timeline templates by Paislee Press (more of like a section divider for days)

[​IMG]

And this kit (Everyday Routine) by Krista:
    [​IMG]

My goal is to have it done by the end of October. Then I can get it off my brain and get back to the other things I had planned in the first place :giggle

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i'm really super awful at actually finishing these types of projects... BUT... the week you chose is perfect! it would bee week 1 of a brand new PL album for me, and could be a really cool intro to a new album. ;) I'll roll the idea around in my head a bit... I just might be jumping on board!

3. RebeccaH

I thought I'd throw a few other daily documenting products out there as well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RebeccaH

5. RebeccaH

Sheesh! Our store is crammed full of great products for this project!! I'm going to have to really give some thought to what I would like to accomplish, and how I want it to look, or I could be as overwhelmed as a kid in a toy store!

6. klee73010

So true! A lot of the ones you posted would be great for planner hybrids (which I've been working on) too!

I hope you decide to join me :) I could use the motivation, too. Lol!

Also wanted to throw in there, the September free template by Sahlin Studios reminds me of Ali's overall 6x8 page. So pick that up if that's the look you like.... and that one is free. :)

7. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Oh, you enablers!!! I might have to give this a go. I actually have some things going on that week other than me sitting around in my pjs. :giggle

8. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

I am always sooooo tempted....maybe this year will be the year

9. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Mmmm would love to, but can I commit to it? Giving it some serious thought. I love the idea :)

10. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I'll definitely be joining. Just need to set up some templates...

Oh the eye candy above. Temptation ;-)

11. renee82

renee82 renee82

You're such an enabler! Lol! Love it! I won't be doing this project... I'm still not caught up with PL...

12. RebeccaH

I know....me either *sigh* I have 3 months of Spring to do for this year before I'm caught up. I did think, though, that the WITL could be in lieu of my 1st week of October for PL. Still not 100% on it, but considering it.

13. klee73010

Okay.... so I'm starting today. Go grab my "big girl camera".... batteries are dead. (I checked yesterday, and thought I had like half bar left....*sigh*)

Plan B: cell phone camera till I can get to Best Buy for fancy camera batteries.

Still haven't really decided how my pages will be laid out, but I have written down many ideas of stories I want to capture. Wish me luck.....!

And good luck to anyone joining me this week!!

14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I've already screwed up this morning:cry

Trying to decide whether to try to salvage this week, try again another week or declare that AWITL just wasn't meant to be this year.

15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

OK. I forgot today. I'd like to start but I'm unsure if I want to go in with a full day, raring to go or if I want to start today. I'm just going to snap pictures, add a little journaling, and use a blocky template. I'm actually going to try to remember to take picture every 2 hours that I am up, if not more. Then I won't feel like I'm slacking, and will give me 9 pictures a day. :) Give or take a couple, and I'll still be happy.

I love that list you included up there! Thank you!

I've never attempted this. So, I want some parameters, but I don't want to overload myself, and get discouraged.

16. klee73010

Starting today, even though you're late is OKAY! It truly resembles your life, right?! No stress. Just tell your mundane, everyday, routine story :)

17. klee73010

Yesssssssss! Not getting overwhelmed. No stress. Just like I told Tracy. :) 9 photos a day seems very manageable to me. I've been thinking about setting a reminder up on my phone for snapping pics. Just, every hour, the alarm goes off. Except, that's really annoying. Lol!

18. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm trying to get over it and push on. This morning was just a disaster in regards to AWITL... I got up early to document my husband and son leaving for the airport and school and they were in too big of a rush to get anything decent. Everything is a blur (which maybe I can salvage with some journaling about morning chaos). Then instead of photos of my daughter getting ready for school we had a new chaos as the only two water bottles that she likes (out of the about 30 that she owns) were/are missing. Lots of running around and no photos. Not quite as worried about her as this is our routine all week. Just felt bad about the ones of the boys.

19. klee73010

Hint: I "stage" later if I have to. LOL

20. RebeccaH

Ack! I was so excited about this, and then TOTALLY FORGOT! Here it is, 5:30 in the evening. *sigh*
    See, this is why I tend to not do these types of projects - I LOVE them, but I never seem to remember to actually follow through with them! Oy!