WEEK 3 - OCT 2020 MUSE CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Oct 20, 2020.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

OCTOBER-MUSE-HEADER-2020.jpg

Hi everyone, welcome to Week 3 of the October Muse Challenge.

We are continuing on with looking at the seasons and this week we going with Spring! :)

As per the last two week, you need to include the following THREE things on your layout:

1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season (You can use journaling or just some word art).
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. (For instance, you may like to scrap an autumn page using blue and purple because YOU like it.)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU.

You may scrap about anything you like but you need to include those three things on your layout.

WEEK 3 - SPRING

I had time to create an inspiration board for you this week, and really had fun doing it. You can use the board to get some inspiration if you like, or just go with whatever inspirations you already have! :)

SPRING-MOOD-BOARD-700.jpg

For those of us down in the southern hemisphere, we are currently in Spring and I am loving being out in the garden at the moment. All the garden is starting to wake up and I am thrilled with everything blooming again. I am also remodeling my garden so I have been doing a LOT of digging, weeding and planting .......... but I love it!

My page is about a geranium I found the other day, it's an older type of geranium and tough as old boots as it has been growing underneath some rubbish that was up the back, from the previous owner. I happened to glance that way and spotted this bright pink colour and had to go and investigate! So glad I did. I couldn't dig the whole plant out but they do strike easily so just took some cuttings. The one in the glass jar, in the photo, is doing well and I am hoping that it will grow some roots while sitting in the water.

LS-GERANIUM---EVERYDAY-MOMENTS.jpg
    Credits can be found in the gallery.

I met the challenge conditions by:
    1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season - I used journaling plus some wordart as well.
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. - I chose a mixture of pinks, greens and blues which pretty much screams spring to me. :)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU. - I added some textured stamping/brush work to my page.

RULES FOR WEEK 3:
    Scrap about any spring related topic, but you need to include these three things on your layout:

1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about WINTER. (You can use journaling or just some word art or both :)).
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. (For instance, you may like to scrap a winter page using blue and purple because YOU like it.)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent SPRING for YOU.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to October 31, 2020 EST and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

As always I eagerly look forward to what you guys come up with! :fairydance

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

You got me! I played yesterday and made summer...autumn, winter ...summer.
    Back to the drawing board.

Cherylndesigns and wombat146 like this.
  3. wombat146

:giggle Keeping everyone on their toes Stef! heehee! :)

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

:lol

6. Cherylndesigns

:notworthy

7. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    I was inspired by one of the quotes.
    Spring to me if bright green and pastel yellows and pinks.
    I used hearts, because historically spring is a time for love.
    I like spring, but my hubby and daughter suffer from allergies so it's much more of a challenge for them.

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm enjoying this series thank you.
    Spring has two of my favourite flowers - crocuses and daffodils.
    The background and colour pallet this week is more open/airy and clean/fresh - like spring.
    [​IMG]

10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Continuing on with my one-page seasonal spread. Can you tell that I really LOVE spring?

[​IMG]

Angela Toucan likes this.
  11. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

12. wombat146

ooooooooooooooooooohhh!! Have only just opened my pc and and come here to find all these STUNNING WORKS OF ART!! Seriously, your layouts are all just so beautiful!!!! :woot:wub

13. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thaks Ona for this challenge!

[​IMG]

14. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

15. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here is my Spring, colors are yellow, green and pink and I added line shapes of flowers.
    [​IMG]

16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

My happy place in Spring ...

[​IMG]

17. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

18. Cherylndesigns

I went totally "old school" with this one. I found an old picture of some early spring buds, from when we lived in Michigan, and that was my "springboard".

[​IMG]

19. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

What a stunning sample LO!!
    I used circles, because the colours of spring for some reason make me think of blowing iridescent bubbles. I love when the flowers start to bloom and all the colours. And Spring always cheers me after a hard winter. Hence, the Good Energy!
    [​IMG]

20. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

LOVES me some Spring, all the deets are in my post. But I was totally inspired by all the florals on your board.
    [​IMG]