Week 2-Where U BE Now? challenge AJ

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Jul 5, 2013.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Welcome BACK to the July Art Journaling Chat and Challenge!

Once again I want to give a shout out to this month's sponsors:

The YaYeahs!
    [​IMG]
    These two talented ladies, Christine and Aja create wonderful designs that are perfect for art journaling too!
    Ya Yeah Designs is the artistic vision of creative duo Aja Abney and Christine Honsinger.
    With a focus on imaginative elements, whimsical color choices and hand-made, hand-drawn art, Ya Yeah create scrapbooking kits that help you tell your stories, one page at a time!

I love their blog too! See it HERE

They describe their designs as digital trinkets for creative storytelling! Is not exactly what we do?

If you want a free taste of their style, go to their facebook page

and LIKE them (that is easy) and then look for the Free Gift button.

They are guesting here at the-Lily Pad and are such a perfect fit, I hope you enjoy them too!

They will be providing a participation gift to all that complete the months challenge, and a Gift Certificate to one lucky randomly generated participant that also has completed the 4 challenges.

Now, the challenge!
    Thank you to Dalis for stepping up and being so awesome in hosting the chat, and I hope you all love her as much as I do, and enjoyed her too!
    I will be back tomorrow!

This months challenge is the brainstorm of a woman I greatly admire as an artist in the art journal world. Her name is Edeena, and you may know her as naughtsncrosses. She put this together, really, and has great inspiration for us.

The title for the challenge:

Home is where the HE♥Art is! Heart and Art, kinda play on words! Get it? Yeah I take advantage of words whenever possible!

So, we are going to be building houses some of the weeks,and doing something else to completely throw us into creativity and happy on the others. Keeping you on your toes is part of the challenge!

This week, we begin with another house.
    But not just any house, an alter house that represents the home you are in right now, as where you are sitting as you read this!

Edeena made these cool example for you to choose from. Pick one of the houses if you want:
    [​IMG]
    You can save the image and cut out, or make your own house template.

I just made an arrow and had it pointed it up and it was the perfect template for me.
    The shape should be like a house! A triangle on top of a square or rectangle.
    Here is my representation of the house I am in right now! With all it's craziness
    [​IMG]
    and here is dear Edeena's masterpiece:
    [​IMG]

You can make it as big or little as you want, but NO, please, I repeat, NO background!
    I am getting tough! Bhwaahha...the house is the challenge, and you MAY need this house in the weeks to come.

These don't have to be literal houses - you don't need to go cutting up photos to find doorknobs, doors, windows, etc unless you want to. These can be emotional representations. They can be photographic memories. They can be anything you'd like, as long as they represent this stage of your home, YOUR Childhood home.

Trawl through your TLP stash - remember, you need to keep your journaling pieces compliant with the gallery rules:

[​IMG]

Everyone who completes the 4 in one challenge will receive a gift from the lovely YaYeahs! this month!All entries are to be completed by July 31rd, 2013, midnight EDT. Please post your Entries in the Art Journaling gallery HERE

and to make prize handouts easier for me, I have made a
    thread for your page parts also right here. I will use that thread to keep track of those that complete in order to send the participation prize and to RaNDom Generate a number for the big winner of gift certificate!

If you have any questions, pop them here, I will check it often and try to help, encourage and smile!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  2. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

LOVE THESE!!! I'm excited it's another house. I wanted to make another one!!!

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Sorry couldn't make the chat but I will be working on the new house!

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

So how are you guys thinking to address this one? More to look like your house or more to idealized your family members? What are you ladies thinking.

5. cfile

I went with literal house... I don't know Dalis,.. I really liked the skinnys more... not really "feeling" this with the houses.. don't know why, unless it is because I am still sick.. going on 2 weeks now with the awful cold.

6. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I'm doing both, Dalis. Stuff that I am into right now - the crazy clutter of all my hobbies, art supplies, etc. - and that it is me and my dad. :)

7. Dalis

Christa, my plan was to make my house skinnies! SHHHH... don't tell Anne, I am a renegade and love "bending" the rules!

8. Dalis

LOVE it Johanna, a cluttered house... that represents my house SO PERFECTLY right now.

9. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

For my childhood home I made a vertical rectangle, but for the current home I'd like to rotate the orientation and have a horizontal rectangle.. Would that work with the next steps, or should I stick to the same form factor?

10. AnneofAlamo

bwhaha....Anne is ecstatic about rules being broke! lol....just back from vacation going thru the gallery and reading the forums and email over dose! lol

11. cfile

hmmm... maybe if I get motivated I will try to do a "skinny" version too, as I have 2 other houses and an apt I can do.. LOL

12. AnneofAlamo

tee hee...christa is putting up a whole neighborhood! lol

13. AnneofAlamo

You can reorientate any way you desire...enjoy and create!

14. angmag55

angmag55 New Member

Off to give this a try.

15. AnneofAlamo

woo hoo! and a big ol' Welcome to the Lily-Pad! can't wait to see your house!!

16. violaine

violaine Well-Known Member

My house ... i hope is not to clean for the challenge ...
    [​IMG]

17. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

ok. I really, really tried to keep it simple, clean and uncluttered this time. I used a template of a house in a column with the roof fitting ontop the house and not going over. I love those and I wanted to try it. Yeah. That didn't happen. I think it's physically impossible not to cram every space full of things -- I guess that makes sense because that's how my art supplies, books etc. are at home...anyway. Here's this weeks:
    [​IMG]
    I have no idea why my wheels were cut off, but it kind of annoys me. I am not redoing it though. Finger problems. :(

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  18. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Here's mine finally

[​IMG]

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

here is one from me, there is a long explanation about this in the gallery , in case you are interested, you don't have to.
    [​IMG]

20. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured