WEEK 1 - OCT 2020 MUSE CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Oct 4, 2020.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

OCTOBER-MUSE-HEADER-2020.jpg

Hi everyone, welcome to the October Muse Challenge.

This month I wanted to keep it simple so I decided on scrapping about the seasons, but adding just a slight twist. :)

Each week we will look at one of the seasons and for each week I want you to include the following THREE things on your layout:

1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season (You can use journaling or just some word art).
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. (For instance, you may like to scrap an autumn page using blue and purple because YOU like it.)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU.

You may scrap about anything you like but you need to include those three things on your layout.

WEEK 1 - AUTUMN
    If you like, you can use this mood board to get some inspiration in regards to colours and textures.

WEEK-1-MOOD-BOARD-WEB.jpg

Even though it is Spring Downunder, I love Autumn and will scrap about it any chance I get. :)

For me it is all about the changing colours of autumn, the smells of damp undergrowth when I go for a walk in the bush, and the beautiful cool days after the summer heat is gone. It's also a time that I find myself thinking about childhood memories, my own and those of my own children, when they were just little ones. A time to look inward but also to look forward and dream of things I want to do.

Here is my page:

LS-AUTUMN---MAGICAL-SEASON-700.jpg
    Credits can be found in the gallery.

I met the challenge conditions by:
    1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season - I chose to use journaling for this point, plus some wordart as well.
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. - I used a purple based palette because I just love that colour and I think it goes lovely with the autumn oranges.
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU. - I added some textured background paper along with some paint splatters.

RULES FOR WEEK 1:
    Scrap about any autumn related topic, but you need to include these three things on your layout:

1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about AUTUMN. (You can use journaling or just some word art or both :)).
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. (For instance, you may like to scrap an autumn page using blue and purple because YOU like it.)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent AUTUMN for YOU.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to October 31, 2020 EST and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Really looking forward to seeing your pages!! :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    G.J., marijke, cinna and 3 others like this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What an inspiring challenge and lovely pages, so far, Ona. I'm experiencing the first fall for many years, so this is very special to me.

G.J. and AJK like this.
  4. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Honestly, I could not WAIT to finish work to make this layout :)
    I met the 3 prompts like this -
    1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season - My title and my journaling explain this.
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. I chose oranges, reds and golds, because it feels like the colour of the light I like so much
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU. I used textured paper, paint and my title alpha has texture. All of it felt like the texture of leaves to me.

[​IMG]

G.J., Lillyia and BevG like this.
  5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Wonderful challenge. I included what I love about autumn, a color palette is included and for texture I made a photo of a ribbon scarf that is in autumn colors into the background.
    [​IMG]

G.J., Lillyia and cinderella like this.
  6. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Super Happy to be back in the Art Journaling Neighbourhood!
    I love the bright vivid colours of Autumn
    I added the triangles because to me they are the closest geometric shape to the leaves I love
    Whether its kicking my way through leaves, spending more time outdoors or just driving into the county to see what coloured magic I can find, I love autumn.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    G.J. and AJK like this.
  7. wombat146

oooooooooooooh I am in Autumn heaven!!! :cloud9 I just quickly dropped to see if anyone had any questions and wow! I was blown away with the stunning artistry you guys have uploaded here!! so happy that you all like the challenge.... I will pop in tomorrow to leave some much deserved love your layouts!!!:wubb

G.J. likes this.
  8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Autumn or Fall brings change, not only in nature, but always in our 39 years together. Love the deep jewel tones found in in leaves as they turn.
    [​IMG]

G.J. and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Ona for this challenge ♥️

[​IMG]

G.J. and wvsandy like this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I'm going to try to fit all four weeks on one page. Without further ado, here is my Fall/Autumn portion.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    G.J. and Cherylndesigns like this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I LOVE everything about fall - especially the fact that I can experience it this year! I was inspired by your mood board, Ona @wombat146 and used autumn wordart, and images that represent fall to me. I incorporated the texture you wanted, in some of my paper and elements. I used a pocket page so that I could get various "fall looking papers" on my page.

[​IMG]

G.J. likes this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]

I met the challenge conditions by:
    1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season - I chose to use journaling for this.
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. - I used blue and orange combination because I just love that colour pairing. I wish we had the gorgeous rich oranges and reds that fall usually is known for. But we have green and dull browns instead.
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU. - I added some stamped circles and splatters on the background to represent the drawing inward, staying home, being introspective.

G.J. likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm not normally a pile it on kind of person, but I was struggling to stop on this page - I was enjoying it so much.
    [​IMG]

G.J. likes this.
  14. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Right now "discovered" this corner and the fun challenge, I'm gonna come back with my take :)

wombat146 and Angela Toucan like this.
  15. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge. Through the journaling I discovered why Fall has only recently become a season that I appreciate, rather than dread.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    wombat146 likes this.
  16. wombat146

So happy to see that you are all enjoying the challenge and hi there @G.J. looking forward to seeing your layout too. :)

17. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge Ona

[​IMG]

18. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the challenge! As you can see, I love fall most of all!
    [​IMG]

19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Gorgeous mood board. Let me see what I can come up with.

20. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member