Week #1: NOV 2020 Muse Challenge

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

You should try it. There are no rules, you can scrap any style you want but of course if you want to make it messy we won't stop you, we encourage you. LOL!!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Dalis for this challenge:

1_ struggle: I am currently struggling with the ban on walking more than a kilometer from home due to covid 19
    2_ Title: kilometer ..
    3_ opening: the flowers
    4_ roller: circles
    5_ life: life is difficult at the moment due to Covid 19, I try to be positive
    6_ Here: I'm trying to forget about Covid 19 by enjoying my garden

[​IMG]

mcurtt and Dalis like this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I actually don't mind recipes but usually find them a little boring. THIS was NOT boring! This was a true challenge.

1. struggle - I'm not liking my new job as package carrier for the PO much yet.
    2. title - Adventure Not So Fun
    3. opening - I'm being open-minded, not giving up easily.
    4. roll - the van I drive rolls
    5. life - I got a new job in October.
    6. Here.... RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW... I've completed 6 exhausting shifts so far.

[​IMG]

Claire Grantham, mcurtt and Dalis like this.
  5. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Struggle - scribbles to represent the craziness of the last few days since the election here in the USA.
    Title - "Hope finally"
    Opening - an open box with the title blocks and the celebratory balloons coming out.
    Roll - roller coaster of emotions this past week.
    Life - Finally light in the darkness - represented by the street lights.
    Right here, right now - 11/7 at 11:24 am when the media finally "called" the election.

mcurtt, Dalis and michelepixels like this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

1. struggle - I still see art journaling as a struggle for myself, it's way outside my comfort zone and takes three times as long as "normal" pages
    2. title - Make your title a STATEMENT in your page bold black new age type font
    3. opening - the envelope has an opening and scatter spilling out
    4. roll - marshmallows in the mug can roll
    5. life - life = ? I need to remind myself to breathe and look for the good.
    6. Here.... messy but determined to be creative and have fun.
    [​IMG]

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

You ladies are amazing. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing all these struggles and feelings with us!

8. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

messy bun, don't care, struggling to write what's in my head, what's happening in my country & my world

9. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

This is my first time participating, I really want to dig deeper in the art journaling world :)
    1. struggle - I struggle with being tired ALL the time right now. No energy left what so ever.
    2. title - I don’t think you can miss it
    3. opening - waiting for my eyes to open with energy again
    4. roll - there are a lot of bounce marks from all the little balls I have to juggle right now
    5. life - life right now is the uncharged battery
    6. Here.... I show up, even though I’d rather spend my days in bed. I won’t let this drag me down, I just have to wait for the energy to return!
    [​IMG]

mcurtt, wvsandy and Dalis like this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Okay, here's what I came up with, not particularly deep, just reality...
    1. struggle - Sick of this pandemic, sick of wearing masks, sad because we aren't getting together for the holidays
    2. title - Lonely
    3. opening - Frame in layout, a window to another reality...
    4. roll - excessive amount of baking, cookies in hand
    5. life - This sucks
    6. Here - leaves on the ground, fall cleanup
    [​IMG]

Dalis and wvsandy like this.
  11. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

OK, here goes: . Struggle-I struggle with the clean and simple style, although I love it. All of my pages are FULL of stuff. This is not as clean and simple as it could be, but there is only the photo, paper, cracks, YES and wordart. That's 5 layers as opposed to 55, which I have been know to do.
    Title: I think YES is a statement.
    Opening: Even though Covid feels like it is closing things down, this image makes me feel as if the world is vast and infinite.
    Roll-Rolling hills, duh.:lol
    Life-well, after a year and a half of holding my breath and wondering what will happen next (non-covid hardships), at the end of the month my family and I start anew, in a big way. 19 more sleeps.
    Right here, right now-it is freezing outside, blizzarding, minus 25 with the windchill. Even though that is balmy for us in winter here, I wish I were somewhere else, like in this photo.
    Anywhere else, actually. There is ice on the inside of my damn rental bedroom window. 19 sleeps...
    Thanks Dalis, the struggle is real. :heartslub
    [​IMG]

12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Finally Here To Post For The AJ Challenge Week#1...November 2020...This Layout Challenge Certainly Is Describing My Life Right Now...Between Being Evicted After 24 Years! & Trying To Recover From Surgery...& Going Back & Forth To The Local Hospital For Iron Transfusions...With Each Visit Taking 2 1/2 Hours!...& Then There's All The Stress Of Having To Purge What We Don't Want When We Move...& Packing Up All That We Will Be Bringing With Us!...GEEZ!...To Say Our Lives Are Filled With Craziness! & Stress! Is An Understatement!...We Are The Most Stressed About Finding A New! Place To Live!...The Apartment Search Has Been Disappointing!...Overpriced!...Shockingly No Storage!...Half The Size Of What We Now Have!...It Sure Has Been Difficult!...But We Are Hopeful For A Nice Place!...We Have A Viewing Appointment On Monday At 4:00 P.M...& We Like This Building Very Much!...It's Well-Maintained!...Laundry On Each Floor!...The Apartments Seem Spacious!...We Know Some Friends Of Friends Who Live In 2 Of The Buildings...And With All Accounts!...They Are Very Nice!...So Fingers Crossed! We Are Looking Forward To Monday's Viewing!...Hopefully It Won't Be A Disappointment!...LOL!...

1. struggle - maybe something you are struggling with right now in life, or a color or a technique you struggle to use...:...IE Everything I Just Mentioned Above...Our Current CHAOTIC! Life!...
    2. title - Make your title a STATEMENT in your page...:...I Have Many WA's In My Layout...But The Largest One & The Theme & Most STAND-OUT WA Is : "Keep Going...You'll Get There"
    3. opening - I am leaving this open to interpretation. LOL!!!...I Have A White Chalk Girl Holding An Umbrella...Her Umbrella Is OPEN To Catch All The Raindrops Falling From The Sky!...& Also To Protect From The Rain...IE: It Is Supposed To Be Raining All Day Monday...The Day We Are Gonna See Our Apartment Rental Possibility...And It Also Represents The Many Tears That Have Been Shed In The Last Month Or So...As We Go Through This Process Of Healing...Acceptance...Moving! & Growing!...All At The Same Time!...
    4. roll - use something that rolls or buns (rolls)...:...I Have Several ROUND Scatters...Ergo...Rolling Around...
    5. life - life = ?...:...Life Can Definitely Be Stressful! & Chaotic! At Times...But Ultimately...Calmer Heads & Positivity Must Prevail...
    6. Here.... RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW... this page has to do with YOUR present!...:...This Page Represents Our Current Struggle With Life:...My Surgery/Our Eviction/My Iron Transfusions : IE Fatigue/My Oh! So Painful Swollen Legs & Feet/Our Purging Of Our Belongings & The Packing Of Our Remaining Belongings...
    * To Create My Our New! Now Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-October 2020-Add-On-It's All In My Head-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-October 2020-What Holds You Back-Lynn Grieveson
    *Mixed Media Monthly-September 2020-Stop Waiting-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Mixed Media Monthly-September 2020-Stop Waiting-Add-On-Bundle-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Mixed Media Monthly-September 2020-Add-On-I Wander-Lynn Grieveson
    *Mixed Media Monthly-September 2020-Add-On-Be Here Now-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
    *Life Is:Feeling Blue-Bundle-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Journey Mixed Bag + WA-Mixed Media Monthly-April 2017-Add-On-Lynne-Marie
    *Mixed Media Monthly-June 2016-Add-On-Paint-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Mixed Media Monthly-April 2018-Moody-Forecast-Change-Add-On-Little Butterfly Wings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Dalis likes this.
  13. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

1. Struggle...always with the self love & self care ...aka... the lack of them
    2. Title - I let this be the main focus
    3. Opening - Lots of blank white space
    4. Roll - Used a button & round seeds
    5. Life - right now it's not freeing. The distancing postpartum has truly done a number on mental health & feeling human.
    6. Here - Right Here Right Now

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  14. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

@Dalis you really testing my skills with this one :) hahaha. I listed my recipe usage with my page.
    [​IMG]

Dalis and Cherylndesigns like this.
  15. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

I haven't scrapped an art journal layout in years - this took forever!

I hope I got the recipe right...
    1. Struggle - I struggle with self-editing my creativity
    2. Title - "Capture"
    3. Opening - open envelope
    4. Roll - round circle ("past & present")
    5. Life - right now I feel a bit stuck on a creative level
    6. Here - The bottle of hearts represents the bottled memories I can't get out onto on scrapbook pages. The butterfly represents creative freedom that hasn't taken flight.

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the inspiration!
    1. struggle - I struggle with hoarding collecting digital supplies and not using them. So I tried to used an eclectic mix of goodies!
    2. title - done
    3. opening - I made cut outs with the hearts
    4. roll - circle shaped scribbles in the background
    5. life - I used the word life in the title, and it's also the meaning of my daughter's name
    6. Here.... RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW... This is my present: with my little girl and a bit chaotic.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.