We had to make our lives more crazier than ever!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by navaja77, Jan 24, 2018.

1. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

We are in the midst of basketball season. My DH coaches our Y team (my son is on the team). My son also plays on his middle school team. We registered my daughter for a soccer academy. I am in the middle of waiting on a job offer to a temporary 4 month position in my agency. My DH is waiting on a promotion. I was furloughed on Monday then back to work on Tuesday (yes, federal govt worker here!). And then we decided it was time to buy a new house (we have outgrown ours) and want to move closer to work and school. So we are in the midst of house shopping where the home inventory in our price range is low. I found the house I want....and we are having to counteroffer because the seller received FOUR offers! :eek: Please cross fingers and pray that they accept our offer. This waiting is maddening. House shopping is so much crazier than I remember 14 years ago. After we buy, then we have to sell our old house. Because of the low inventory, we opted to buy first then sell afterwards. We are finding that homes are selling fast. I guess this is how seller's market feels :huh Last time, we were in a buyer's market and were able to take our time before buying a house. But apparently, we didn't think ahead as we are now needing things we "should've" thought about at the time (we weren't parents yet so.... :think)

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh my gosh! I have to take a breath just reading all that! I hope you survive! And hopefully, if you don't get this house, you'll find a better one you like. That market sounds crazy!

3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Phew! That made me tired just reading it.

Good luck to you with selling your home and purchasing a new one. We just put my grandparent's home on the market on Sunday, offer on Monday and papers were signed Tuesday. It was so fast!

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Ummm yeah, wow... that is crazy!! Wishing you good luck with it all!!

5. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

Wow, I thought I had a lot going on!! Selling and buying can be super stressful so get some of that out by cheering loudly at your kiddos games!

6. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Last year my daughter/sil decided to buy new house. The first house they bid on had 7 offers (mainly because they were only looking at 4 bedroom houses). They 2nd house (4 bedrooms with full basement) they bid on they got. They spent a little time to fix up their current house (3 kids and 2 adults in a 3 bedroom house with no basement). They put the old house on market Sunday and it was sold on Tuesday.

Best of luck with the search for a house and the job hunt/promotion.

7. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

WOAH!! That's a lot of balls in the air at one time!!! Hopefully you can find your dream home quickly and that will be one less to juggle with.

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

9. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Wow, you sure are busy! And add to that buying a house (and then selling yours!)!!

10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Sounds like us! Crazy busy too but I can't imagine buying/selling as well! We contemplated selling only because our neighbors house (almost exactly the same as ours) sold for almost $200k MORE than we paid for ours! But... with inflated prices right now, we'd end up spending more on a new one anyways... We decided to wait until we needed to 'downsize' ;) Good luck & I hope everything goes your way!

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wishing you good luck that your offer gets accepted! I love looking at houses, but I remember hating the waiting part so much, especially when you find a house you really love and have to wait to see if your offer is accepted.

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Wow, that' s a lot on your plate .... house shopping, selling buying ... so so stressful! I hope it works in your favor! The waiting is the worst - but it will be all worth it in the end ... good luck!

13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Wow. Good luck to you in all this. It's stressful enough just with the move, but crazy insane with all the rest thrown in. Hope you get your dream house!!

14. navaja77

UPDATE: They didn't pick our offer. :cry So now, we are back to looking and waiting to see if any more houses in our price range pop up. We did look at other homes. One had tiny bathrooms and low ceilings.:hide One had a structural issue. The rest were in bad location (busy street, right at a busy interesection or crazy scary hills to drive on). My agent just sent us 3 listings that may be we should consider. Two are on scary roads up on hills. :scared Our current house on a hill already and trying not to do that again (sliding down a icy driveway isn't fun :cornfused)

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ah bummer Ophelia! At least you didn't have to wait super long to find out. And maybe the other offers will still fall through? (Is it wrong to hope for that? :giggle) Hopefully you'll find something else that is just perfect for your family.

16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh bummer!! yuck!
    it is a different world in a seller's market. I had friends move to Denver, and had to buy a house without even seeing it...they were selling that fast!
    We are trying to get our house in selling condition, to take advantage of the time, and we are woot, wanting to go smaller! lol

17. navaja77

Today is 2 more houses to look at. I'm excited about one as it is literally right next to my DD's school and down the road from my son's future HS. I just hope it meets all of our needs.

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

ooh ... that new update about the 2 houses sounds promising! good luck!

19. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I hope it goes well, Ophie!

20. navaja77

We loved the house near my DD's school. We put an offer on it. This time, we put a little more than listed so we don't get into a bidding war again. They accepted our offer today! :happydance2