watermelon | pad patter 8.3.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Aug 3, 2021.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I love watermelon, and one of my kids does also. DH and Colin (youngest) aren't really fans. They say it doesn't have flavor.

Oddly enough, I was scrolling somewhere - FB, reddit, not sure - and saw this chart. I will actually try this next time. I randomly chose watermelon, then gave it a day or two before cutting. Also, I make Shayne cut it up now, lol! But, I have to watch him... he will eat the whole thing basically while cutting! :giggle

(Click for bigger)
    etg9yi51mc031.jpg

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Daughter and I love watermelon - husband hates it. I like it with salt!! I hate all other types of melon and refuse to eat a mixed fruit salad if it has the other melons in it (those flavors travel to the other fruits).

Watermelon ice is good. Cook-Out (burger and shake place) has a watermelon milkshake during the summer - nope! Watermelon and milk do not go together for me.

When we were kids we would have watermelon often at my grandparents. They always made us eat it outside and told us to spit the seeds into the garden (free planting for next year). Of course it was more fun to spit them at your siblings.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

This post made me buy some watermelon and cantaloupe my last visit to the grocery. It tasted so good since I haven't had it for over 5 years. I bought it pre-cut in plastic containers and they were just the right amount for a couple days.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Thanks for the graphic! I knew some of the tips but not all of them.

KimJ likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

Never heard of putting salt on watermelon... hmmm, maybe I'll have to try it and see if it's good that way!

6. keepscrappin

oh boy! mustard... i would have never thought to put that on watermelon. I wonder how people come up with these weird combinations. :giggle

7. keepscrappin

I like my watermelon icy cold too. I usually cut it up and put it in the fridge for a few hours before eating it so it's nice and cold... YUM!

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  8. keepscrappin

Thanks for the graphic! Tell Shayne he's in good company. I eat it too while I'm cutting it up, though I do like it better ice cold.

jk703 likes this.
  9. keepscrappin

I'm with ya on not liking it mixed with honeydew or cantaloupe. Those flavors travel and ruin the taste of the other fruit. Watermelon milkshake doesn't sound good either, but spitting the seeds at my siblings... yes, I did that... :giggle

BevG likes this.