Water Bottle | Pad Patter 8.29

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Aug 29, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm in the market for a good water bottle or tumbler to carry with me to work or the gym, or anywhere else for that matter. I've had a few and there's always something about them I dislike and I end up not using them.

Do you have a favorite or one you'd recommend?? My only requirements would be that it fits in the cupholder in my car and that it's not too big. I don't think I can do those really big jugs. I have my eye on this one, but it's currently sold out in all colors :(
    sdfsdf.JPG

Let me know if you have one that you just love!

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Last October when I began delivering boxes for the USPS I bought the Simple Modern water bottle called Summit. I found it at Target. I didn't even realize it was going to be so awesome, but it is amazingly well insulating. Even in a hot vehicle, the water inside stays cool. Mine is the 32oz size and fits in my Toyota Sienna cup holder exactly. The reason I chose it originally is that I think straws are gross and hard to wash. The one I found in Target came with the "chug lid" which just has a small spout. Easy to clean. On the website I see they have two other lid options including one with a straw though if you prefer.
    https://www.simplemodern.com/collections/water-bottles
    Good luck with your quest for the perfect water bottle!

AJK and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I hope you find one you love!

My DH has one he loves but it doesn’t fit ANY of our car cup holders which drives me insane!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I need to ask my granddaughter. She's the "queen of water bottles" - she just gave herself that designation. LOL

Personally, I love my 33 fluid ounce plastic "Life Water" bottle. I just refill it all the time. My granddaughter disagrees with me because she doesn't like the top. But I like it and it fits in my drink holder in my car. I got one with a straw in it at Walgreen's but I can't find them anymore. It's probably about 30 oz and has big rubber bands around it for grip. I had 2 of them and left one in my DD's house (when it was under construction) and when I went back to get it, it was gone.

Here's my fave - DH got me one bottle of it and I just refill it with our filtered water.

c0f802d8-7073-4771-85f6-7ef2262523f9.jpg

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I bought a new one this year that has time markers on it rather than fluid volume markers, it's 1 Litre & has 8am to noon on the front & 2pm til 6pm on the back (& is translucent) - works for aiming to drink 2L of water a day but I don't luv that it has a bottle cap lid, a sippy lid would be easier for the car but it's ok to top up a normal drinking glass every hour or so & keep on track rather than having to drink a heap at once

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Tree City likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

Ooh I like those! I'm going to check them out more closely when I have a bit more time!!

michelepixels likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

That's my favorite water to buy when I'm grabbing one at the store. I just love those bottles!

10. IntenseMagic

Tree City and bellbird like this.
  11. IntenseMagic

I really like the ones with the times marked on them and looked at one somewhere the other day, I just can't remember where lol That motivation might be needed in my life.

bellbird likes this.
  12. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I use a couple different Yetis: the 20oz Tumbler in Pink and 32oz Tumbler in Steel. Both I use with the straw lid attachment. I've been lucky enough to receive both of these as gifts (I know they're pricey), but I love them! They fit in my car cupholder too (the 32oz has a narrow bottom).

@gonewiththewind has a couple knock-offs that work just as well!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I have a water filter bottle that’s unfortunately not available anymore but it’s from Brita, been using them on and off for over ten years now.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

The tumblers I have are Member's Mark brand. They come in a two pack. I'm not sure that Sam's Club carries them any more? I couldn't seem to find them on their site. They work just as well as the YETI brand, in my opinion.

IntenseMagic and LivyBug like this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have a good old fashioned tupperware bottle with a spout.
    Love the expansion thingys though, who knew that was a thing?
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

my priority is always for one that is really easy to clean - no spouts or straws or fancy sippy parts. Just a large enough opening to clean inside well and a basic lid.

18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm always on the look out for the perfect water bottle!

I actually had the tupperware one for a LONG time and LOVED it and then I lost it. :(

I still haven't found one that I "love".

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. IntenseMagic

20. IntenseMagic

I have a couple of Yeti's as well, but I never even knew that you could get a straw lid attachment! I have just put a straw in the regular lid opening and it bugged me lol.

LivyBug likes this.