Watch Your Back | Pad Patter 5.11.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, May 11, 2023.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's awesome!! I would most certainly take advantage of something like that!

umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Yes when someone else mentioned a TENS unit I realized I was wrong about having what you have. ;) If only batteries would stay good forever! I hope you’re able to get it replaced sooner than later so you don’t have to charge it so often.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. umyesh

I wouldn’t say the foam rollers feel very “good” but they definitely help. ;) Enjoy your massage! They do that at my kids’ school for the teachers too and I love it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I have had back pain for years with degenerative disk disease, 3 bulging disks, stenosis in my lower back and arthritis at the base of my neck. Since I last went to physio a few yrs ago, I have managed to keep the pain at a minimum by strengthening my core with daily exercises, I watch my posture, I use a kneeling chair at home a lot, I don't bend/curve my back any more than I need to, only for short periods b/c that will flare up the pain and then I'm in bed for a day or two i.e. bending over to pick up the ball when playing with Remi. I will use a ball launcher to pick it up so I don't have to keep bending over. I don't sit for long periods of time, I make sure I move around. Luckily these small changes have helped a lot.

umyesh likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I've been a dental hygienist for almost 20 years- so yeah- back/neck/should pain come with the gig. I've been to a chiro in the past, but honestly, what helps me the most is regular massage therapy & my almost daily hot tub habit. I have a specific seat in the hot tub that has jets that just hit the perfect sore places! I try to sit in it for at least a half hour every day. I have used a foam roller- and we do have one, but I should be better about that one!

umyesh likes this.
  6. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

I go to the chiropracter as well as my physical therapist and massage therapist. It takes quite a bit to keep this body moving LOL. Getting old is not for wimps.

umyesh likes this.
  7. umyesh

Good job taking care of yourself Rae! I’m glad the small changes are helping.

8. umyesh

I never thought about the back pain aspect of being a dental hygienist. Your hot tub jets sound amazing! I need a daily habit like that! ;)

9. umyesh

Right?! I do not look forward to more aches and pains that I know will come as I get older.