Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE! Project Mouse FANniversary LOs and Videos

Discussion in 'Project Mouse FANniversary 2019 - Celebrating 6!!' started by gonewiththewind, Feb 23, 2019.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It's super easy.

Open PSE.

Click on EXPERT mode in the top bar (after QUICK and GUIDED).

Make sure your Effects panel is in view. It may already be showing, but if it isn't, go to Window>Effects and select STYLES.

Once you are viewing your Effects panel, click on the 4 horizontal lines at the top right of the panel (sometimes called a hamburger) and then choose LOAD STYLES.

Navigate to the location on your drive where you have saved the shadow styles and choose the .ASL file and click LOAD.

That's it! They'll be loaded and you start using them!

2. DisneyDorey

DisneyDorey New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I did it! They are so lovely! I adore the white border! Hoping you have more where this came from. Would love to have different size borders for my photos!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. DisneyDorey

DisneyDorey New Member

4. DisneyDorey

DisneyDorey New Member

Thank you for referring me to this video, I watched it a day or so after you taped it, I got a little lost! One question, if all my scrapstuff is on our personal server and I load it to Bridge, with tags...etc, from there, and then I want to go on vacay so I load a few albums on my laptop, I would lose the tags...etc once I shift the path. Is that correct? Is that one reason you use an external hard drive?

I am so excited that I have found you! I am looking forward to going back now and watching your other scraps!!!!
    Thanks so much!

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@DisneyDorey

I did an experiment with Bridge. I tagged my items that are on my desktop computer C drive. Then I copied the tagged items to an EHD. I opened Bridge and told it to look at the EHD instead of the desktop computer C drive. It found the items and the tags were still there.

I also opened my copy of Picasa and checked the items I tagged in Bridge. The tags showed up in Picasa also. Bridge is adding the tags to the metadata of the file and that metadata can be read by other programs.

What made me realize that Bridge is doing the metadata is that when I was tagging, some items in a kit I had just purchased were already tagged. I had just unzipped the items and had never used them so evidently the tags had been added by the designer. I was able to delete those tags and use the tags I wanted.

My suggestion is to tag a few items on your personal server. Then get your laptop out and do what you would do if you were going on vacation. Check to see if the tags are there. Then if you know it is going to work for you, continue with your tagging.

DisneyDorey likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

You aren't loading or importing your scrap supplies into Bridge. Think of it as similar to File Explorer or Finder. Bridge does a lot more than File Explorer/Finder, but when you open it and navigate to your folder, it's going to show you what's in that folder. Lightroom is different from Bridge. You do import into Lightroom and you do get orphaned files if you move them outside of the Lightroom application. Bridge is different. You can move files while in Bridge, or you can move them in File Explorer.

Bridge underwent an update in October of last year, so now there are options for a shared cache for use across multiple devices. I use a desktop and don't switch from devices, so I'm really not able to answer your question from experience. I know there are loads of tutorials out there for managing your cache, so you may want to google to see what's out there.

If you're just copying a few digital kits onto your laptop, Bridge should read the keywords/metadata.

@bestcee I know you sometimes switch devices. Have you had experience accessing your digital assets? I would think that it would be best to use an EHD instead of copying files?

Sorry I'm thinking out loud here. I just haven't researched this fully.

Like Rene said, you might want to test it out to see what happens!

DisneyDorey likes this.
  7. DisneyDorey

DisneyDorey New Member

Thank you HavaDrPepper & Gonewiththewind, I am excited by the possibilities!

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm not using Bridge right now. Sorry!