Washi tape, please enable me...

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by Ronisdragon, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Ronisdragon

Ronisdragon Why can't someday be now?

Hi. I've decided to do project life hybrid. I'm printing out my pictures, doing journaling on the computer on digital cards and printing to put in the pocket pages, when they come in:whistle. I'm not planning to buy too many actual scrapbooking supplies as money is tight and I'm trying to keep it simple. I will get the Dear Lizzy date stamp because I'll get a lot of use out of it. I've been good but now I've heard about washi tape and seen it on some of your layouts! Must have Washi tape, not digital but real washi tape! I found one site that claims all her washi tape in a certain category is acid free. Does anyone know any more about how photo safe it is? How do you all justify about $4 for a roll of pretty tape? Are there any brick and mortar stores where I can buy acid free washi tape so I don't have to pay shipping? When choosing your tape how do you decide what will work with many photos when you haven't taken them yet? At $4 a roll I won't be able to get many and I'd like to get a lot of use out of them. I was thinking maybe one multicolor (loads of colors) fun one that would match anything, one roll in my favorite color with stripes or polka dots since I will be wearing that color in many photos, and maybe a third one that is solid or has some type of flowers. I am not buying a core kit. I bought some great PL journaling cards here and I'm racking up the freebies like mad so there isn't a certain color scheme such as if I bought the clementine kit. What is the washi color or style you get the most milage out of? What are you so glad you paid the money for? Does anyone have the stuff cheap, free shipping, or in a store I can drive to like Michaels? Thank you all for enabling! Have a great day, Roni

2. iamdigiscrapper

iamdigiscrapper New Member

At my Michaels they have some printed tape that I guess is like Washi tape, but I didn't find any of it to be that exciting.

3. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I can't justify spending that much...I just did it. I spent quite a lot actually, but it's all so pretty!

I bought some off of Etsy and some from cutetape.com

I do hope to use it for other crafts too...that's the plan anyway! LOL

4. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  5. Ronisdragon

6. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

7. lmccandless

You can also make your own Washi with scor-tape, tissue paper and an inkjet printer!

8. 4noisyboys

I bought that one Shanna!! I love it!

I purchased from In The Clear on Etsy
    also, Pretty Tape on Etsy

I bought this set from Amazon

[​IMG]

I checked and I bought about 30 rolls total. I bought some in primary colors, the blues and pinks in the cloud one Shanna showed, some chevron prints, abc's, dots, stripes...I kind of mixed and matched. I saw some really pretty cards made using them too and then a stamp on them. I thought I could use them for something like that.

9. 4noisyboys

I had to have this too

[​IMG]

I like when some of the etsy stores sell 3 or 4 together. Not only is the price a little better, they put together things I might not normally have thought of. It's also hard to do the mixing and matching online...I did buy some "collections" that they showed, or put them together myself after seeing some of the things they did.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  10. lmccandless

Debra, you crack me up. You are ALL IN, girl! :)
    I bet you will be able to open your own Washi tape store by the time the year is over. :giggle

11. 4noisyboys

I just couldn't stop!! LOL

I was sitting all day at the hospital...iPad in hand...what else did I have to do but shop?

12. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

HAHAHA!!! YEs thank you sweetie!!

13. lmccandless

Yes, retail therapy!! I hope Rick is doing better. {hugs}

14. Ronisdragon

Is all washi tape acid free/photo safe? Are you all putting it on photos or only on journaling cards?

15. 4noisyboys

thanks Laura...he's doing just fine. It's a waiting game now and working on his balance in PT. It could've been SO much worse.

16. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Whoa!! I felt bad about buying FOURTEEN rolls from Etsy, but you beat me, girl! :giggle I also have the 5 number rolls by Cavallini & Co. and the Smash black&white polka dot. And since you asked for tape, here's what I got on Etsy:
    [​IMG]
    {linked to my blog for details}

I don't really care about archival quality, so I use it whenever I feel like it.

17. 4noisyboys

I have a few of those same ones Cristina. I need to get mine out and take photos...it will be good for a layout, right? LOL!

I love that you got a nice mix...that's what I tried to do too!

Did you get any of the masking sticker sets?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got a little carried away with these too! I figured since I won't be able to take my trip to Italy for my anniversary (not until Rick is able to walk long distances), so I'll just have to buy travel inspired things...and maybe I need another pair of Italian shoes too! LOL!

18. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I'm going to buy some of these ones you guys showed me, LOL! Such enablers. I've gotten the masking sticker set before... and I already have a few rolls of tape that I bought last year. I use it for gift-wrapping quite a bit too!

Ok, so I made some DIY washi tape using some Illustrator patterns I designed myself, and printed them onto Avery return address labels.
    [​IMG]

I used them in this Smash book page:
    [​IMG]

If you have some Avery return address labels laying around the house, feel free to go to my blog and download the free PDF and print it on the Avery labels for some DIY tape!
    http://www.listgirl.com/2011/09/freebie-diy-japanese-tape-pattern.html

19. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I don't know what these masking sticker sets are (and perhaps it is best that I don't know... :giggle). They look so pretty!

20. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

THESE are ADORBS where are they? Time to enable ME! :)