Walking/Running Apps

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Trista, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I need some help.

I am looking for recommendations for a good walking/running app. I am more of a walker at the moment, but hope to progress to running eventually. We shall see...

Anyway, for the past 3 days I have used Map My Walk, and while the concept is wonderful and I like the features, I have not had very much luck in accuracy. I walked the same route all 3 days and have 3 different distances in my log. :(

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this or suggestions for a better app?? Any help would be appreciated from this newbie in the fit pad.

2. Nettie B

Nettie B Guess what color my hair is!

Good for you on the walking! How are you tracking, using a phone/iPod - pedometer, Fiitbit/Jawbone?

3. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

I use Endomondo which so far haven't disappointed me.

4. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

I use mapmyrun. I did have accuracy issues last summer. The gps was all over the place. But when I tried a different app, the same thing happened. I think I had to reinstall my apps and turn my gps on and off or something. Anyway, I like Mapmyrun as it gives a lot of features in the free version, but last week, runtastic pro was free on iTunes and I grabbed it. Only I can't rate it yet due to the stupid sprained ankle.

5. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Nettie, I am using an iphone. We have discussed getting fitbit but so far only the iphone for tracking my time/distance.

Jeanet, I did read a review yesterday and Endomondo was the 2nd pick under Mapmywalk.
    Amber, I will definitely try those suggestions. Nice score on the free app, I hope you get to use it soon. Take care of that ankle.

6. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I also use Endomondo - in fact, I'm a paid subscriber to their site. I track my walks, my runs, my rides - everything.
    As for an app to help you cross the bridge from walking only to running - try Ease Into 5K (or any other app based on the Couch to 5K program).

7. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I liked Moves, which used to be free but now costs $2.99 (if I'm not mistaken). It has accuracy issues and sometimes the numbers don't seem correct to me, but I'm fine with it. I rarely use it now though because it drains so much battery. Kind of inconvenient for me especially when I travel on foot.