WALDORF school at my place

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by gybogi, Jul 21, 2015.

1. gybogi

gybogi Giddiyup!

Hello everyone!

I usually don’t write much about me but now I want to share something with you and ask for information.

You may know that I have 2 kids. My oldest is 6,5 and we started looking for a school for him. At the city where I live there are only state schools. But state schools in Hungary are year by year more strict and the teaching method is completely against children's natural needs - deals only with the lexical knowledge and keeps children between very strict walls, there's nothing to do with creativity, community, social activities and the mind's freedom. I wanted something else for my kid so I started looking for another alternative. That’s how I found some people and a Waldorf initiative. We decided to make a Waldorf institute at our city.

Parents like my husband and I just started to build up a kindergarten and a school. We make almost every work ourselves. We are parents with all kind of professions. We started looking for teachers at our new school, rebuild the place, research for all kind of state aids and we donate money every month as contribution.

At this point we are almost ready to start. It is a heavy work because none of us ever run a school we want to make it right for our children! That’s why I ask here for help. Does anyone have experience with Waldorf? Is there anyone who can share experience with me?

My English is not the best but if someone is interested about our work there is an English summery about it here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/goldfish-waldorf-chance-for-our-children#/story

I do not ask here for donation at first place but if someone wants to help that would be great.

Please send me positive energy to be able to make it!

Thank you for reading !

2. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

WOW, what an undertaking! And very exciting. I cannot give you any advice/opinions because I've never heard of this, but am amazed that you are taking the initiative to do what you think is best for your kids in such a big way.

Sending you best wishes in your adventure.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ditto what Jen said! This is amazing and while I can't offer and advice, I hope that someone can and that things go very well for you!

4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Ditto to what Jen said as well. What an amazing adventure! I haven't heard of this either, so no advice, but wishing you good luck and sending you positive thoughts for a successful venture.

5. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Best to you for a great endeavor on behalf of your children, Rozsa. I haven't heard of Waldorf school. Here in the US it might be the equivalent of a Charter School. You might research that.

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Waldorf is a teaching philosophy. I thought "charter school" just tells you how it's funded, not the pedagogy.

I don't have any real experience with Waldorf, but I know they exist in the US, and a lot of people like Waldorf-style dolls for their kids.

7. gybogi

gybogi Giddiyup!

it is a teaching philosophy like Lorry says! I hope I find someone soon. :)

8. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Sorry! no real help! but impressed with what you've undertaken to do whats right for your kids. Sending you all my well wishes.

I don't have any formal training in education. But if there is any help needed virtually, let me know and I will be happy to help.

9. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I don't have experience, but it sounds amazing. I'm going to look up more information about it. I think it is incredible and wonderful that you are doing this!!!! I've dreamed of opening a school forever.

10. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member