Vacation is over

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mrsski07, Aug 14, 2012.

1. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I took a mini 5 day vacation from work. After last month's craziness, it was much needed. And it was nice. My husband was off too so we still put the kids in daycare and spent some time together alone (beach & lunch with no kids is simply wonderful!). And now it's time to head back to work. I have to say though - I'm kind of looking forward to having some routine again. I was a SAHM before moving here, but I'm not sure I could do it again! I like my time to be "Shannon" and not "mommy".

2. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

It is a great feeling to just have some time during the day to spend together. Glad it was fun for both of you!

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to spend some alone time with your hubby. :) I totally know what you mean about the working routine being kind of nice. This summer I've had the best of both worlds. My boys are at home with a high school girl, so I get to go home and see them at lunch and then go back to work. :) It's nice to be able to make a phone call without "Mommy, mommy, mommy" in the background. :)

4. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

Glad you had fun with your hubby! I wish we had more time to do things like that!

5. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I am totally envious. :) Good for you for taking the time. It sounds like it was much needed/deserved and enjoyed. :)

6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Sounds awesome. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Sounds like a lovely relaxing break! :)

When DH and I were both working we used to take an afternoon off every once in a while to grab lunch and a movie before we would pick DS up from daycare. We had more vacation time built up than we could use, and we were already paying for the daycare, so it made more sense than trying to find a sitter. That was quite a long time ago. Now DS is old enough that we could just let him babysit DD. LOL

8. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

That sounds like heaven!