Using Sticker Sheets in Day Planner Products

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by staciemag, Jan 6, 2016.

1. staciemag

staciemag Member

Hi everyone! I'm a planner addict, so I'm loving all the new planning products that are coming out these days. I do have a question, though. What does everyone do with the sticker sheets? How do you use these? Do you get paper that has a sticky background or something? Thanks!

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Yup, you can get printable sticker paper! If you have a cutting machine, you can set it to cut just the sticker layer but not the back, and then you can put the whole sheet in your planner and use the stickers on the go. Or you can put them in every week or month and pretty up your pages ahead of time. Or some people don't print them out at stickers at all and make their whole planner page digitally and print with the "stickers" already on there. :) There was recently a thread about sticker papers. Let me find it.

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/sticker-label-paper-for-planner.40033/

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i use sticker paper too. i started by just printing on sticker paper and cutting by hand. i just got a Portrait and now the cutting is done for me. i've used Staples sticker paper and Shilouette's sticker paper ... and don't notice much of difference.

4. staciemag

staciemag Member

lorryfach and jenn mccabe, thank you both so much for your help! I don't have a cutting machine (yet), but that's definitely on my "I want this" list! For now, it looks like I'll be getting some sticker paper and cutting by hand. Thank you!!

lorryfach likes this.
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I bought some sticker paper... but haven't used it yet. One thing I'm considering is to print the whole planner spread on the sticker, and then adhering it to the planner paper - but only because my planner is now SUPER thick with all the things I've put in it.... and because then I don't have to hole punch... LOL. (but I'd still have to cut it out, so i guess 6 of one, half dozen of the other. No idea what I'll do with it, I guess....)

6. Jana_2worldsart

Jana_2worldsart Well-Known Member

I use sticker paper but Amazon has the silhouette sticker paper cheaper as a add on product if you have prime. It works fine even if you don't have a cutting machine . Less than $5 package.

7. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

I don't mind the sticker paper for some of the larger things but using it for smaller things got on my nerves quickly. I'm going to try just making the pages digitally and printing and see how that works. I'm wondering if I need to print on cardstock?

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

@~Mary I use 24lb paper, not cardstock. It works, but it would really depend on how much you plan to flip through the pages. I also do not print front/back for weekly pages, so they'd be doubled up if I print every week. I'd probably washi tape them together. I haven't done two weeks back to back yet in my happy planner, so I can't tell you for sure. In my personal smaller one, I've done the pages for two weeks in a row, and they do hold up better in the ring bound rather than the disc bound. Again, I've not printed back to front on those, instead I just print one spread at a time... if that makes sense.
    :)

~Mary likes this.
  9. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Some planners (like Filofax) have extremely thin pages. For a ring-bound planner, it's really your personal preference and how hard you are on the pages. A disk-bound planner, I would assume, needs a certain amount of rigidity in the paper for it to work.

AllisonPennington likes this.