Using Libraries in Photoshop Creative Cloud

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by gonewiththewind, Oct 3, 2021.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Last night during my Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE session, I spent some time at the end of the session sharing a couple of tips on using Libraries in PSCC to streamline your scrapping process. The video embedded below should start at the correct section of the video, but if it doesn't for some reason, the section starts at 27:08.

Ferdy, bestcee, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  2. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

PS CC Libraries are the best!! Definitely recommend taking a min to watch this clip or doing research online. :)

gonewiththewind and Dady like this.
  3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Cheryl for this video, I realize I don't use PS CC Libraries enough, in the future I will use it more often thinking of you!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Don't show me cool things that I can't have! :giggle I don't have PSCC.... still PS CS5. Ha ha! But seriously, it's so cool that you take the time to do these videos and help people learn new tricks Cheryl! :D

5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial! I’ll have to remember this for when I make the jump to CC.

[​IMG]

6. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kisses for Bart

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

9. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

10. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

11. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Guess what? I did start a library previously! I saved my favorite color brown for journaling. :whistle:lmao And a staple. But really, brown?

13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I agree @Karen!

Karen likes this.
  14. littlekiwi

I want to have a little play with this to see if it's something I'd use but I get the error of
    "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries". I've tried following the instructions here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cl...s-panel-doesn-t-load-in-desktop-products.html Relaunching didn't work or maybe I've done it wrong because I didn't notice anything different so went on to recreate the libraries cache. My hidden folders are viewable but I can't find the file path they mention in the instructions C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe.....would it be hiding anywhere else or how else could I find it?

15. cfile

Because you are using a trial it may not be available to you, Jennifer. If you go to Window>Library tab next to plugins at the top of the screen that is where it is located.

16. littlekiwi

Oh, I can find the library section in PSCC fine but then I get the error above if I want to initialize the library so the issue is more trying to find the hidden folder that they state should be there in the instructions above. My folders are 100% not hidden but for the life of me I can't seem to find what they are mentioning at all in the instructions.

17. cfile

I still say it is because you are using the trial version.. it is a cloud library and if you are using the trial it may not give you cloud capability as it is not permanent?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  18. littlekiwi

I've got cloud capability from what I can see and googling didn't come up with any reason for me not to be able to find the C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe pathway which is I think the only thing stopping me from being able to use Libraries. I at least want to try it out to see if it's something I'd use....it could help swing my decision if I was able to try it out.

19. cfile

I don't see that pathway either. I am on a windows desktop and the AppData is not there for me under Users. I don't use it re Library but that is just me. I went to the library and when the box opened I did as Cheryl did in her video (at spot 27:08) and created the library and added a staple to the library. I don't use libraries and I just use the search function in windows when I need something I am having trouble finding.

20. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have the pathway on my system and I only have Bridge and Acrobat Reader. In fact I have it under 2 different user pathways (long story as to why I have 2).

bestcee likes this.