Upload to Instagram on iMac

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I use Safari, so I just click "Develop -->User Agent--> Safari iOS 11.3 iPhone and it works just like the phone!

2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I am frustrated that I can't make this work. No idea why the User Agent choices are not available (grayed out). But the other method works great for me, so I guess I will just "let it go!"

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah! I'm glad! And you can use it to heart posts and whatever else too. I like seeing it on the bigger screen too.

SharLamb likes this.
  4. Pachimac

What version of Safari are you using?

5. Pachimac

I think i may have figured it out for you.

Go to Safari --> Preferences
    Look to the bottom. It will say "Show Develop menu in the menu bar" with a check box. Check it. Restart
    Safari and try to see if you can see the develop menu now.

6. SharLamb

Already did that! I should have mentioned it. I refreshed Safari & IG, and the options were then available, but no + sign showed up on the IG page, even after refreshing it again. It's a mystery.

But a big thank you for taking the time to work on this. Wish I could send you a mocha!

7. SharLamb

Just noticed your other question (version of Safari): Version 12.0.2 (14606.3.4)

8. Pachimac

There's an update for Safari = maybe that's it? Did you try iPad in the menu? You're saying that it's no longer greyed out, but no + sign appears on the bottom?

9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

The way I got the "+" sign to show up (on Chrome via PC) was to drag and drop a LO onto the Instagram screen (after doing all the other steps); the page shows up on a black background and then I click the back button...and voila, the "+" sign appears at the bottom! The weirdest thing but it works.

10. SharLamb

Thanks Sara. I'll give that a try...and if it works, will use the method that works fastest/easiest. Thing is, I'm running out of time. We're leaving for a couple weeks tomorrow afternoon, and I have stuff to do in prep. I hope to be able to squeeze it in. BTW, I DID upgrade Safari, and there was still no + sign. I'll try the drag/drop you suggested.

Tree City likes this.
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I use later to send it from my iMac to IG - but the phone is still needed (or an iPad) to get it to go through. It's a small hassle. I gotta give that safari trick a try!

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't use a Mac, so I'm no help there. I also use Later to send from my computer to phone. I set up a separate scrapping Instagram so I could make it a business account. Later auto publishes if it's a business account so no need to pick up the phone at all. I upload my pages for the week all at one time and then schedule them to post at different times throughout the weekend or week.

jenevang likes this.
  13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh that's cool! I didn't want to use a third-party app or extension cuz I didn't see a reason (meaning, I'm too lazy to install it lol), but this would be worth it!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh! that's pretty cool - but i'm lucky i use one account though. i just don't have the energy to have two accounts to maintain.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This is what I do!

16. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

I use Late like @jk703. It involves loading to Later and then to IG. It is very easy and requires no setting changes in safari/forefox etc. Here is the link - https://later.com.

17. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Yep. Later girl here, too... and although it will auto upload so you don't need your phone, I like using my phone b/c the auto takes out the line spacing (which is the best part for me, hehe). I've never needed more than the free version.

18. KellyM

Friends - check out this you tube video if you are using LR. Super easy to download the app and upload to multiple Instagram accounts directly from lr. Already set mine up and tested it! :) @SharLamb

19. SharLamb

Thanks Kelly. I'll watch the video, but I've already got my system working, so it would take a lot to make me change over!

Watched it! It IS easy. Thank you for sharing!

KellyM likes this.
  20. KellyM

Absolutely! Happy to share!