Upcoming Weekends | Pad Patter 5/23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, May 23, 2023.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

What fills up your weekends? Right now, by me, it's starting to get warmer, and a lot more time for just hanging outdoors. I actually feel guilty if I sit inside on a sunny pretty day. So, then I'll take my book and sit on the deck for a bit at lease.

Otherwise, my weekends are filled with family, friends, and getting out and about! They get packed trying to fit everything in.

This weekend here is Memorial Day weekend. I have a 5 day weekend , yay!! I'm going to visit my parents Wed night to Friday morning (which means I get big chores, like cleaning out closets, or organizing). I have a Psychic Tarot Card Party Thursday evening, along with Kareoke night with my parents.... Then we have BBQ's on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. Then Sunday night back to my moms and maybe the beach for a little on Monday (she lives at the shore). Though it might be a little chilly.

It's packed! I have to check in with my kids.... they are almost 15 and 18 and I'm hoping they will come for a little while to two of the BBQ's.... They will want to hang with their friends, but I can wrangle a little time....

And now, I need to google some fun food items to bring to these BBQs! Lol! Something yummy is a must! I have a new summer cocktail picked out too!

First weekend of June, I gotta do something for my almost 15 year old... he will be 15, lol! And there is a Charlie Puth concert - though I don't know if I am going to go (Season pass for the PNC amphitheater that's in my town)

Second weekend of June is a TLP, Shaggy concert.
    Third weekend of June is Graduation Party, and Fathers Day!

I wish my work days away, lol!
    [​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Have fun with your family for your 5 day weekend Jenn.
    Next week is school 1/2 term week, so that makes it a 9 day weekend of family time. The first weekend after that (the 2nd in June) TJ is due to come home for the summer. :byay

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

That is exciting! Wooo Hoooo! I know I will be bouncing off the walls when Shayne ends his first year of college... I'll be so happy he is home!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm really looking forward to the long weekend, but it's crazy town around here for the next couple of weeks.

My daughter's birthday is Sunday, the 28th. They are going to the beach for the weekend, so I'm dog-sitting and have to take him to the vet on Thursday.
    Chance graduates on Thursday evening of next week...June 1st.
    My oldest leaves with the Army for close to a month on Friday the 2nd, but his birthday is Saturday the 3rd... so I need to do something for him between now and then.
    My last day of work is June 7th and June 8th I take Chance for his college orientation, followed by another college thing on the 10th.
    All I really want to do is go get some flowers, play in the dirt, and then sit on my deck and read a book :giggle

Angela Toucan and jk703 like this.
  5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We were supposed to have family in town this weekend but that got canceled so it looks like our weekend just opened up. Not sure what we'll do. Probably yard work. LOL!

The next weekend is full of dance recitals.
    Then my kids are gone to camp over the following 3 weeks...so that means pick up and drop-offs.

Other than that no solid plans. Which is kind of nice because the last 2 months have been insane!

Angela Toucan and jk703 like this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I have lots of day trips for birding photography over the next month as the babies are learning to fly and the weather is tolerable. Then it'll be pool time and lots of lounging on the porch with a book. I often go to the river or lake with the dogs to cool them off and keep them active. I've got company coming to stay for a few wkends in the next month and then birthday get-togethers in July. The summer always flies by.

jk703 and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

This weekend is softball and my dad’s birthday (which reminds me I don’t have a gift for him yet…)

Next weekend I said no to softball because we have to get ready for the following weekend in Disneyland!

The rest of the weekends will be boring or softball.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We get Monday off work for Memorial Day, but we are also going to take Friday off so that we get a nice long weekend. I think the plan is to do yard work (buy and plant flowers in my patio pots) on Friday so that we can have the rest of the weekend free. We are going to grill steaks and lobsters one of those evenings with some friends, so I'm really looking forward to that! Yummy!!! Otherwise we have a blissfully free weekend! I can't wait!

jk703 likes this.
  9. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

No big plans for Memorial Weekend. For years we went to my sister & BIL's waterfront vacay/retirement home at Lake Anna, however they sold it three years ago and moved back to Northern VA to be close to their two sons and three granddaughters.

My grandson, Chase graduates on June 7. He didn't want a grad party, so I'm just getting him a cake and we'll have a small immediate family gathering ... his mom, his two sibling and myself at home.

My son turns 50 in July, but will be in town with his wife the third week of June, so I'm throwing him a birthday party. He mentioned he wanted a Pac-Man cake, so I'm running with that theme. Ordered him a birthday banner and some outdoor Pac-Man decorations (Pac-Man, ghosts, etc.) to stick in the backyard. And I'm renting a bounce house ... I've found the adults enjoy them as much as the kids do.

jk703 likes this.
  10. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

last weekend was filled with graduation ceremony and grad parties! this weekend will be prepping for my daughter's grad party, and next weekend will be her actual party date! i feel like graduation has commandeered all of our free time for months! i'm excited for it to come to a close! THEN maybe my weekends can be filled with scrapping!

jk703 likes this.
  11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Softball. lol. This Memorial Weekend is the first one we've not had a tournament in the last 4 years. Half the girls on her club team are in high school now & since today & tomorrow is the HS state tourney (my daughter's HS team lost out in the last rounds of district playoffs so no state for them :( ) her club/travel team isn't starting tourneys until 1st weekend of June. We then have a tourney every weekend from the beginning of June to the first weekend in August. My daughter will have about 3 weeks of no softball before Fall Slow pitch starts for Highschool. :crazy The lake will be "home" for our local tournaments so we'll be able to soak up as much time as possible!

jk703 likes this.