Unzipping tip (Windows)

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by busywoman139, Feb 10, 2018.

1. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

One of my least favorite parts of scrapping is extracting/unzipping files :) I did some research on how to make this a less painful process and found DropIt. Once downloaded, it's an icon that sits on your desktop. When you download scrappy supplies to your PC, just drag and drop the zip files to the icon and drop them on it. A new window opens with all of the zip files listed, you click a "play" button and all of the zipped folders are unzipped to the location you specify. I LOVE this little (free!!) application and thought I'd share with others who might find it useful. :)
    I downloaded it from SourceForge (after vetting that it was legit from PC World and Lifehacker).

Mylinn, cfile, LoveItScrapIt and 2 others like this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Thanks so much. I might check it out, I do have a similar program ExtractNow that does the same thing. I'd never be able to organize and scrap if I tried to unzip each thing I downloaded one at a time. ROFL!!!

busywoman139 likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Thanks for the tip! I've got an unzipping system that works for me, but I do know that many Mac users sometimes want a nice way to unzip. Perhaps this would help them with the "exploding zip" problem? IDK, cuz I'm a total PC lol, but this might be a place to start, Mac users!

bestcee likes this.