unexpected treasures | Pad Patter 25 Sept

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Sep 25, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

While looking for something else this week, packing for a bit of a school holidays getaway, i found a camera DD got from Santa when she was like 6 or 7y.o.
    It was her first 'proper' camera and it had a big old SD card in it and i got all excited and then a bit disappointed to see it only had literally 4 photos on it of a toy - i thought i might have found some old, 'little her' selfies or something. Chalk it up to a bad memory or just not backing things up, but sometimes i do find an unexpected photo when i go through older cards.

Have you found any unexpected treasures on old cameras? Maybe ones you inherited (on film) or from devices no longer used that have been stashed away for a while?

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

yes, we had a really old Point & Shot pocket camera that we gave to our son for a camping trip he was going on. found it years later and it was so fun to go through the sd card and see the photos he had taken. he really didn't take much on that trip but the card was filled with even older pics both kids had taken and some of them were really cute and funny!

i love when that sort of thing happens! enjoy the trip Justine!

bellbird likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Not on cameras but when I was scanning old negatives last winter, I found some photos from high school (circa 1972-1974) that I no longer had the physical photos. I remembered the photos and what album I had them in but for some reason they are no longer in the house. I've been looking for them for over 2 years... that even led to my huge sorting of old photos and organizing them 2 years ago. Never did find them.

So now I at least have digital copies and can scrap them :) Several of them have a good story behind them!

bellbird likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love finding unexpected things! Serendipity! One of my most fun finds was on a really old cell phone (the old flip kind). I found funny videos that Cameron (now 23) and Jordan (now 21) had taken. I used to let them play on my phone all the time - that was back in the olden days when if you had insurance on your phone, they would replace it even if somebody took a hammer to it.

*Sad note* I then let my youngest, Asher, play with it - it still had a lot of games on it. He begged me to let him take it home for one night and of course, I never saw it again. :(

bellbird likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I think the only time something like this ever happened for me is with my last film camera. Around 2008, I pulled it out of the drawer where it had been tucked away for many years, having switched to a digital camera in 2002. I found 2 or 3 rolls of film and decided to let my kids help use it up. It was fun wondering what I'd find when I got the film developed, especially the one that was left in the camera from years before. That was so long ago, I don't even remember what I found though.

bellbird likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have a roll of film sitting in my craft room. i think it was used, but it's never been developed. I keep meaning to take it somewhere to get it developed and see what's on there. I haven't used 35mm film in decades, so who knows what I could find. :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Not on an old camera. But just this week my son took pics of all of his primitive technology things that he created and they actually were all very artsy. Usually my kids pics come back looking blurry or the composition is just bad...I was pleasantly surprised. I think I'll be able to make a nice scrapbook page with them.

bellbird likes this.