Umbrellas | Pad Patter 2.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 10, 2019.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

We have some umbrellas but when we need one we can never find it. Usually we will bring one with us on vacation to use if we are doing a tour, but it seems like when we bring it, it never rains.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Despite living in a green place where it rains a lot -- Virginia -- I rarely use an umbrella. Like once or twice a year. Mainly because I don't want to bother carrying it around. I don't like to carry much in general. I have two umbrellas but they spend almost all the time in the back of my van.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I keep this Kate Spade umbrella in my car. It's large but it's not one of those super-huge ones lol. I love that it's see-through so I can hold it down low, which helps keep not only me but also the kids dry.
    [​IMG]
    For some reason DH swipes my umbrellas, so I figured he won't take my "Rain check?" one. :giggle For him, I got some of those collapsible ones. He takes one to work to use, forgets he has it, so then the next day he takes another one. :eyeroll

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

We have one...for our family of 6 LOL! I hardly ever carry one. When it is raining, I tend to just get drenched.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We have a few- but only use them for the kids' lovely outdoor spring/fall sporting events. If I'm just going from the car to a store or something I wont use it- but sitting at a football game for over an hour- heck ya!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Pretty much no for the same reasons Lynn gave. Cape Town's rains come with cold fronts which have high winds, so the rain comes at you at an angle and the wind breaks umbrellas so quickly. Hooded raincoats are the way to go.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well... as a soccer mom you better believe I have a giant golf umbrella at the ready in my car at all times! :giggle but, if I'm just parking somewhere, I usually just put my hood up on my coat and run for it unless it's really coming down hard. :agree

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We have two umbrellas. We joke about replacing them since one is almost broken, but there's no point. They get used to play and dance and sing in the rain by munchkin. And that's about it.

We took them to Alaska on vacation because it rains in Seattle and Alaska. And I really love the one Sara has above! @Tree City I might need that one!

IntenseMagic and Tree City like this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

we have a ton of umbrellas- about 3 of them are big golf ones (the Bunnings hardware store ones Dh swears by because they have this extra flap in the top (it's kind of two layers) so light wind can get thru and not blow it inside out), there's usually 2 or 3 in the car at any time and the last few i got from ikea we found can blow in and out and still be foldable (not throw-away-able!) - it started out as a joke a few years back but we think it's true now that if it's going to rain here, it always rains at 3pm, right when school lets out!