Ugh time change.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Nov 7, 2016.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I hate the time change. And I don't hate much! It always takes a few days to get back to normal.
    Last night I was ready to put munchkin to bed at 6pm because it was so dark. I waited until 730pm like normal though.
    This morning, he was up at 530am. Because it's light out. Ugh. He's going to be a bear tonight! Not to mention our park date will be shorter because of the earlier darkness.

Anyone else want to complain about the stinkin' time change?

bellbird and keepscrappin like this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Not a fan when it has to go backwards and I lose an hour, :giggle I wish it would just stay the same year round though.
    Hoping he has a good day, and bedtime isn't so bad! We are off this week, so my boys are able to stay up and sleep in, so it won't affect us... yet. lol!

bestcee likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

It's not too bad with teens in the house, but I remember those days when my kids were little. I really hated it too! I feel for you Courtney!

( will say both kids were passed out on the couch watching TV last night at 9pm :hehe so i shuffled them off to their rooms for the night)

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am sorry it is going tough for you!!
    WE ADORE the time change!!
    this morning, the boys were up early, snickering in their beds...but it was okay,
    because we have a birthday boy
    lol
    presents and fun this morning
    pizza for breakfast
    and
    we homeschool..
    lol
    think we might just go fall clothes shopping instead!
    lol

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I hate the time change. Roxy doesn't understand it. So Sunday I was up at 4:30, after trying to get her to go back to bed for a half hour. Today we made it to 5:00 (after trying to make her go back to bed for a half hour). I'm a zombie for the first week of DST.

6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

The time change was horrible when the kids were little. I still hate it, but the poor things couldn't understand, and it took their little bodies forever to adapt.

And let's not get me started on the early darkness...

Is is Summer yet?

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It was much harder when the kiddos were little . . . so I feel your pain, Courtney!

This is the time change that I like . . . that I feel like I gain an hour . . . and I don't mind the early dark because I love the winter coziness. I'm an inside homebody anyway, so I just turn on all my lamps and smile. That spring forward business, though, it really hits me hard as far as sleep.

8. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

It was rough when the boys were little although I don't remember much. I have been happy just to have sunshine outside and concentrating on gratefulness and just finding the positive. Raising kids is hard, but I tried not to let myself think that way. I had a non-participatory husband and so was really a single mom. Plus having breast cancer when they were 7 and 9 really changed my perspective. I tried to enjoy every minute of their lives even the bad ones. Not that I succeeded.
    The time change is a pain for me because my university is in the area of Arizona that doesn't change times and I lose an hour to get homework in. I need to have that attitude anyway not do the last minute stuff.

bestcee likes this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I especially don't like the darkness suddenly coming an hour earlier with the time change in the fall. I already start missing the long summer days in September and sadly watch sunsets come earlier and earlier in October.

It's also just a silly old tradition. I don't understand why we still do it. I'm expecting Daylight Savings Time and COINS to be abolished in my lifetime. Yes, coins are another useless old thing I don't see much point in anymore. I'd happily round everything to the nearest dollar so we can just deal with whole numbers, no longer have to store coins, and probably save lots of money not manufacturing coins anymore. :-)

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I agree... it's not so bad once your kids are older. My main issue with it now is that it's not that late when my teens are out "after dark". My kids get themselves around the city a lot by themselves either by walking or public transit. I'm A-OK with it during the day, but I'm not such a fan after dark... even if it is just 6pm!

11. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I'm not a fan of the early darkness, but I'm enjoying the extra time in the morning!

12. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

This is the time change I love! I love thinking it is later than it is for a day or two, but when you look at the clock you realize, wow, I have more time!

Hate it in the spring, though.

13. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

i find it sooooo tough to wake up when it's dark, so in that regard I welcome the change. But it is tough!!

14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I went to sleep around 11pm last night. DS was up at 4:30. I wanted to cry.
    Anyway, this is always a tough week. I'm hoping he sleeps until at least 5:30 (that's his normal wake up time right now). I'd probably think something was wrong if he slept past 6am lol/col.

bestcee likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We are off tomorrow, so hopefully that will go better!

I'm pretty sure we are headed that way.

Thanks for making me feel better! 430?that would be so rough!!

Tree City likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Time changes have never bothered me or my kids much as far as bed times and wake times, but I hate it getting dark so early!! I barely get home from work and it's dark outside. No time to play outside or do any outdoor chores. I'm trying to look at the bright side and enjoy it not being pitch black when I leave for work, but I still hate it. My mom once asked "but don't you like waking up to daylight?" and I was like "mom, I get up at 5...it's always dark at 5" lol

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Meanwhile.... I'm over here like... AZ ain't got no time for that....
    :giggle

My part of Arizona doesn't do DST. and Neither does Hawaii, coincidentally.

I am sorry the rest of you are suffering though. for me, the biggest impact is everyone else's meetings on my calendar at work suddenly are at a different time. sometimes I then have to rearrange my own meetings . no big deal, comparatively.

bestcee likes this.
  18. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm a night owl, so I'm pretty sure God gave me a super-intense morning person for a child just to laugh at me every morning. ;) DD is a morning person too, but she wakes up around 6 (if DS doesn't wake her beforehand, sigh). I'm hoping it gets better when he's a bit older. Or maybe kindergarten next year will tire him out enough that he'll sleep in. *fingers crossed already*

19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Someone please explain this time change thing to my dog......

bellbird, Karen and Lindzee like this.
  20. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Falling back doesn't bother me as much. But springing forward KILLS me.

This made me giggle.

^^^^ This.

Unfortunately, it doesn't get better with kindergarten. Or first grade. Or... lol.