ug, somebody hit DHs car

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by theAndrea, Feb 3, 2014.

1. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

last April we replaced our old car (it died literally on the lot lol) with a spiffy new white 2012 Mazda3. It's a cute little car, we like it. It was the last years model, so we got a pretty good deal on it ;)

Anyway, today in the parking lot at work, somebody parked like about 2 inches away from hubby... scraping the passenger side of the car as they went. There is a huge scrape as well as some dents.

Geesh, we haven't even had this car for a year yet. And since it was at work, it's going to take FOREVER to get the process rolling to get it fixed.

GRRR is all I can say :(

I can get an estimate right away tho because tomorrow I just happen to be taking it in for an oil change... so I'll ask them to write up a quote.

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh Andrea, I am so sorry. I have a mazda 3 too and I love it! Was the person that did this left the car next to his? Most of the people that would do this would actually move the car so you can't figure out who it was... like you can't tell the BIG WHITE scratch on your car. Again, I am so sorry, hopefully they will fix it soon.

3. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

ya, they had a big SUV, so they probably didn't even notice. we think it was their tire that did most of the damage because it had white paint on it! he took tons of pictures too... license plate, how close the car was, all the damage. here, let me grab a couple pics...

4. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

here is how close!

[​IMG]

5. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

Seriously? How could the other driver think that was OK?

6. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

At least you got the details - what a pain for you!

7. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Holy crap! What a moron.

If it makes you feel any better, I backed my Rav4 out of the garage with the door 1/4 of the way down and tore up the top when it was so new I still had the temporary tags on it. Ugh.

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG, I am always saying that this world would be a much better place if "people cared".

9. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

I did that with our other car... except the car was IN the garage and I closed the garage door on the bumper and left a good gash. I have no idea why it didn't go back up when it hit the car, but by the look of the gash, it scraped pretty hard :( Ah well. 'Thankfully' (it's all relative lol) we got rear ended shortly after (everybody was ok) and they had to replace the bumper *wink*.

anyway, apparently he left a note for them saying he would report it in 72 hours if he hadn't heard. left his phone number, etc. hadn't heard as of 7:30pm, so we'll see. he's at TKD now and his phone is in his bag so he won't hear it. I hope they call tho. I don't want to have to pay the deductible... although it may just not be worth it. we'll see. we might have to drive around with a dent :(

10. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

I know, right? as much as I'd hate to admit I'd done it, I would have been one of those who left a note saying I'm sorry, call me.

11. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Ugh how annoying!!

Maybe it won't be so bad though? My husband slid on snow a few weeks ago and hit a guard rail. Our insurance quoted us $2400 for the repair and then gave us a check for $1900 (the amount minus our $500 deposit) and we could get it fixed anywhere! So he got another garage to fix it for a lot less!

12. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Ugh! That's the worst. I live in a city so my car is covered in little scratches and dents. At least you were able to get some pictures to document it.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's awful! I sure hope you get it all taken care of as fast and painlessly as possible. I can't even believe how close they parked to you!!!

14. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

I know, right? if that was you, wouldn't you notice how close you were to the car next to you? I know I would

15. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

that is awful!! That is like close...real close. uughh!

16. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

Oh my word! They HAD to have know how close they were. I hope you get it fixed soon!!!

17. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Something like this happened to DH a couple years ago in the parking lot of a book store, only he was sitting in the car at the time it happened. The lady got out and looked and then just started to walk off until he got out and called her back over. :eyeroll

Hope the guy calls and you get it sorted out easily!

18. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

:( That seriously stinks! But I agree: how could that other person even remotely think it was okay to park THAT close to another car I mean come on! A lot of people are just so selfish these days and don't give a hoot about other people and their possessions. Not everyone has a ton of money lying around to spend at random. Sorry that happened to you guys. I guess the silver lining is that none of you personally were hurt.

19. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

ARGH! I am soooo sorry you got hit! Hope it gets fixed soon. Once we had a drunk guy miss a turn & crash into both our cars. That was not fun! Ha!

20. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

oh goodness, how terrible. did you find the guy? were you able to get the cars fixed?