tv series on netflix

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by theAndrea, Jan 24, 2014.

1. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

hey all,

so I just finished watching the 'Fringe' TV series on netflix and I'm watching Supernatural with hubby. Any suggestions on my next series? I love that I can watch a whole series one after another :)

My faves are anything 'supernatural' styled, vampires, walkers, that sort of thing.

so let me have it!!!

2. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

We enjoyed Fringe too! You might like the show "Sanctuary". It was on Syfy awhile back - 5 seasons. I wish they would have kept it going but it's a great show and Syfy is in the habit of killing all their good shows lately.

3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

On netflix, my son and I like Eureka, Warehouse 13 (both Syfy series) and then for fun... Psych.

4. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

ooohhh, will have to check those out :)

I get very invested with the characters, and I was very sad when Walter Bishop 'died'. The show didn't end for me there, I have so many questions lol.

like 'Bones'.... I'm a couple seasons behind on that one, DH sometimes downloads them, but he hasn't in a while. Will have to get on him about it... I miss that show!

5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I watched Psych on Netflix. And Sherlock seasons 1 and 2. I liked re-watching before this season started. Archer (NAUGHTY adult cartoon), Scandal, Lost Girl, and Heroes. I've heard that Being Human is good (didn't we talk about that here?) so I've got that on my list to start watching soon. Oh, and ITA about Sanctuary. Fun show!

6. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I don't have any sci-fi recs, but I just finished White Collar and it was SO GOOD! I want to watch it all again, lol! I also finally got around to watching House of Cards and it was super good too!

7. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

Ohh I just got caught up with Supernatural. I started Being Human a few weeks ago but that has been hard to get into. Heroes is definitely a good one. Grimm is pretty good... I think it's still on Netflix.

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Love sherlock!
    I've been watching "The Good Wife" lately (on Amazon though, so I don't know if it's on Netflix). I love the strong female leads. It's definitely not sci-fi though.

Psych is great. Charmed is fun and silly. LOVED Firefly. Nathan Fillion is adorable. XFiles of course is sci-fi.

Buffy: the first season is hard to get through, Joss Whedon had no budget. Second season gets better (especially the Halloween episode). And once you hit three, you can see the budget was raised and so was the bar. A lot of my friends love Vampire Diaries, but I've never watched it.

9. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Sherlock, Firefly, the British version of Being Human all pretty awesome! And then there's Doctor Who and Torchwood if you to get more into time travel, aliens and all kinds of other weird stuff! I loved Lost, even the ending. There's also Battlestar Galactica, which is epic.

My most recent Netflix binge was Walking Dead. I am so hooked on that now!

10. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Haven is another one. Mmm. You already covered Buffy. There's also Angel.

11. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Oh, if you don't mind Brit shows with anti-heroes, there's "Misfits". Caution: portrays people peeing, killing, & having sex. It's sort of the way Heroes would have been filmed if the US market had any real guts.

12. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I'll be honest - I don't watch much TV. However, "Firefly" was a great series. I also watch "Walking Dead" and "Breaking Bad". "Dexter" is another one to try.

13. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

My son would recommend Heroes. Another son and I are watching Doctor Who on Netflix now, starting in 2005. It's fun to watch it straight though.

14. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Psych is really awesome. I'm assuming you've watched the seasons of The Walking Dead that are on Netflix?

I'd also recommend Arrested development, although that is a quirky comedy, not sci-fi.

15. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

yep, I watched all of Buffy and Angel. Dr Who... I have a hard time getting into that one ROFL.

I don't watch a lot, only during the day if I'm doing my typing or Word assignments... and then I'm mostly just listening lol. I watch with hubby after the kids go to bed.

These are all great suggestions, I can't wait to watch one.

16. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

lol, I really don't care. We watch True Blood, it's pretty crazy so this one won't be too much different ol.

17. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I've been rewatching Dexter... I'm a total series marathoner. I get obsessive. Can't watch anything till I'm done.

If you haven't watched Orange is the New Black you MUST. Not supernatural but awesome. Hmmm... you should definitely catch up on Bones. I <3 Bones. Lost Girl, Being Human (both US and UK versions).

I watched every episode of Pram Face last Thursday but I think it was on Hulu. It was hilarious.

18. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

Yes - Grimm, too! One of my favorite parts of living in Portland right now.

19. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

oh my gosh, this is seriously me. then I feel so lost when it's over lol

20. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Love Fringe. Don't know if it's on netflix but I rec. American Horror Story, Dracula (first season just ended), and The Following