Tutorial for PSE newbies?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by tuttle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. tuttle

tuttle New Member

Hey gals! My sister is going to start doing some scrapbooking & I'm wondering where to find helpful tutorials for starting up from scratch w/ no prior experience in PSE. I was looking through all my old (6 years) bookmarks and 95% of them are no longer available. I would appreciate your help!

What are your favorites & why?

2. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

My favorite place to learn is Digital Scrapper. They have some of the best classes I've taken. They are all forever access, and go at your own pace, etc. I never did take the Learn Digital Scrapbooking Class but I did sign up for the monthly program and each month you get video tutorials, pdf's, etc (also forever access), and it's how I learned. There's also a free tutorial every other week and those are fun, too. I have taken many other classes of theirs and I always felt I got more than what I paid for.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

*Note to me: Not everything is better to answer on the phone*

I started with Jessica Sprague's "up and running" class. I liked it because it was easy to follow along, and she literally started with the very basics. She has a free video on Youtube about setting up PSE11 to make it easier to use, that might be good to start with to see a little of her teaching style. If she's going to spend money on a class, better make sure she doesn't hate the voice! I also like her because of the forever aspect, and the forum is full of people that are 'experts' at helping newbies, without making them feel dumb. I also liked her Photoshop Friday series, but that's because I hate Hate HATE searching for how to do photoshop elements things on youtube. I know there are free videos, but sometimes it takes me 30 minutes to find the one I'm looking for because of mislabeling. (Rant over)

There are some good tutorials here in the Learning Pad, but they are a little more advanced than just beginning. The forum here is great also :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  4. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Jessica sprague...

5. Nettie B

Nettie B Guess what color my hair is!

some very talented people over at scrapaneers.com, and they have all levels, beginner through advanced...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

just have her jump in...a speed scrap and laugh and know it won't be perfect, but we all started...and love to help!