Trying to get back!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by enjoyyourpix, Sep 29, 2016.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I've been teaching kindergarten since 8/15. The teacher of record comes back tomorrow from maternity leave and I am DONE! Man ... I am exhausted!!! I forgot how how it was working every day.

I'm pretty bummed to say bye to the kiddos. They were so cute today. Some of their hugs were so tight I thought I might start crying. Luckily, I think I'll be able to pop back in and do some day to day subbing.

In the meantime, Courtney has Homecoming this weekend. Tomorrow is the rally, Friday is the football game (the boys are undefeated so far!) and Saturday is the dance. Apparently we have a little party going on here so I need to get my act together and get things ready. Yikes!!!

I really need ... want ... mentally need to ... scrap. I'm already blocking out that Sunday for sure will be sit in front of the computer all day and shop and scrap. Now to figure out how to do it a little sooner ...

MrsPeel likes this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

There's a blog hop that ends tomorrow. It's gorgeous same colors as your sig or close.
    Welcome back!

MrsPeel and enjoyyourpix like this.
  3. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

yes!!!! do the blog hop!!!! just finished doing that myself...
    looking forward to your awesome pages too!!!!! :heartlub

enjoyyourpix and cfile like this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Phew! I'm tired just reading all that! One of my best friends is a kindergarten teacher and I have mad respect! I could NOT do that job! Hopefully you have lots of time on Sunday to scrap and play!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  5. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Life right!...... I will say a prayer right now that you are able to have your Sunday for YOU time!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

eeeeeeeeeeeek? kinder? I think I just collapsed thinking of it, and can't wait to see your pages! welcome back to the addiction! tee hee

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

In my five years of teaching ('95-'00) I taught these grades, in order: third, third, second, first, second. I was really happy to move back up to second that last year! And in ALL five years I had a tendency to fall asleep in movie theaters, visiting friends in the evening, that kind of thing, it was so exhausting!

Sneak in some quick simple pages with templates or just not a lot of embellishments today and tomorrow!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Sometimes we just need to get our creative juices flowing to help get through the everyday grind .... challenges are a great way to get stuff moving again :D

[​IMG]

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  9. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

10. amandac

Ruth Ann you aren't stalking Bart by any chance are you??

[​IMG]

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  11. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

enjoyyourpix and amandac like this.
  12. enjoyyourpix

I made it through the homecoming rally activities with 900+ photos :(. I'm waiting on the first 1/2 of the football game to finish uploading and I need to download the dance pictures! Party went well and there are a few kids here spending the night. It's pretty low key. I have a kit ready to go and I need to decide which Fiddle Dee Dee template I want to use. Other than cleaning up, all I have to do tomorrow is make dinner for a friend who had surgery and digi scrap and shop! Got paid yesterday so there is cash in the paypal account!! I'm set!!!!

bestcee likes this.
  13. amandac

Love it when there is $s in the PayPal account!!

[​IMG]

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  14. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Only 900+?:compcoffee

I'm starting my munchkin at kinder this week and I already feel bad for the teacher! Bless your soul, you are awesome!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  16. enjoyyourpix

900 was just the rally. Then we have the football game and the dance :(

bestcee likes this.
  17. enjoyyourpix

[​IMG]
    on a lot of these cheer photos, I've stopped cropping people out of the side because when I use Blurb Booksmart to make the senior books, I can move the picture around in the photo space and it's easier not to deal with a tight crop and re-make the photo box. Also, with scrapping "normally" I end up editing/cropping out all the extra stuff anyway with the clipping masks! :)

[​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  18. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Your daughter looks beautiful and what a nice dress!

I can't imagine how long it will be to go through 900+ photos from one event. :)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I've been waiting to see a photo of my granddaughter at a homecoming. I think she was going to two this year.

I think a fun but almost no pay job is being one of the aides for the kindergarten classes. Most schools I'm familiar with had two aides for each kind. teacher. Someone had to make all the paper stuff they churn through!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  20. enjoyyourpix

Thanks Heather :beat I'll let you know how long it takes. I haven't even looked at those ones yet!! I am finding that I can get through and edit my pictures faster with my new camera. I'm growing more in love with it as time goes on!!

bestcee likes this.