***CLOSED*** Trick or Treat SLOW SCRAP {Sat 10.24 @ 11am} | Halloween Bash 2020

Discussion in 'Halloween Bash 2020' started by FarrahJobling, Oct 24, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Happy Halloween Bash! Ready to have some fun?

:woohoo

Be prepared for a spooooky Layout! It might be a TRICK or it might be a TREAT! Depending on how you organize your TLP stash, your LO might be a little more "tricky"....get it? more "TRICKY"???? :rofl

So...the idea behind today's slow scrap is that I will give you a direction to find an item within your TLP stash, for example, I'll say "go to the 3rd folder and choose the 6th paper" and it will be a perfectly splendid once we put the whole layout together.

***IMPORTANT NOTE***
    If you sort your stash by designer: Pick a different designer for each instruction and follow the numbers from there.

If you sort your stash by type (Papers/elements/cards/etc...): Skip the folder number and go directly to the item number.

If you sort your stash by month/theme: Pick the folder for October/fall.

Feel free to use blog hops/free kits and if an item doesn't exist...just go to the next folder/number/etc....

Please be sure to keep track of your credits to use in the gallery.

If at any point I send you to a folder where an item doesn't exist, just move to the next appropriate one. It's ok to improvise...I'll never know! =)

***INSTRUCTIONS***

1. Let's start with a basic LO (I use 12x12, but whatever size you want to use is great too)

2. Create 3 rectangles 3x4 in size. You can shrink the rectangles, or overlap them....the orientation doesn't matter either and do not all have to be in the same orientation.

3. In one of the rectangles (the bottom one, if they are stacked), go to your 3rd designer folder, the 1st kit, and choose the 5th patterned paper.

4. In another of the rectangles, go to the 5th designer folder, the 6th Kit, and choose either:

A: the last paper
    B: the first Vellum
    C: the 2nd JC

5. The 3rd rectangle is reserved for a photo...feel free to wait until the LO is complete to find an appropriate photo - YOU GET TO PICK!

6. Go to the 1st designer folder, the 2nd from last kit, and choose the 8th element. This element will be part of a 3 element cluster near the top left quarter of your LO.

7. Go to the 9th designer folder (or last if you don't have 9 designers), 8th kit (or last kit if you don't have 8 kits), choose the last element in that folder to add to your cluster in the top left quarter of the LO.

8. Go to the 2nd designer folder, 3rd kit, and choose the 4th element to add to your cluster. Choose 1 more item from this kit that may be placed anywhere on the bottom half of the LO.

9. Add any of the following:
    TITLE
    JOURNALING
    DATE

10. Go back to step 5- add a photo of your choosing that goes best with the LO you created....good luck!

Mine didn't turn out too bad...a little off on the yellow word art, but I'll probably re-color that later for myself. hee hee. For step 4, I ended up in a folder of JCs with photo opening, so instead of a photo, I just used that spot for my journaling

[​IMG]
    Deadline & Prize Info: Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed. This game closes at 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday October 25th, so you have until then to add to this thread.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    umyesh and Ferdy like this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm imagining this could be the cover of a family journal. The only thing I would change is the Xmas tree, to something less seasonal. Thanks for trying this challenge idea! :D

[​IMG]

garrynkim, umyesh and FarrahJobling like this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Here's mine! So much fun!
    [​IMG]

garrynkim likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

that was fun, thank you
    [​IMG]

garrynkim likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

How interesting! I've certainly never tried anything like this. Very clever, Farrah. @FarrahJobling

6. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

What fun! I did take the liberty to add a background paper blended and to recolor a stripe in one of my papers. In fact at one point I flipped and counted from the bottom.
    [​IMG]

garrynkim likes this.
  7. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

8. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

That was fun! It doesn't make much sense, but it's ok!
    [​IMG]

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Pleasantly surprised at the mish mash of kits and designers and how it actually worked.
    I did add a background paper - but kept it white.

11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Mine's a keeper. The only thing I'm adding is a neutral background paper (not included in the original instructions). What prompted me to select this photo was the background paper (right rectangle) by Forever Joy with the word "faith" on it. It was a Christmas kit, but I thought of churches. And interestingly, this photo (with a beautiful vivid blue sky that I had to change to b&w) was taken just a couple of weeks ago. Credits of what was chosen each step of the way are listed in the gallery.

[​IMG]

12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's mine had fun looking through some kits I had but had not really used.
    [​IMG]

13. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

Confession time: I didn't like this challenge :disagree:giggle #sorrynotsorry
    Thank you Farrah :)
    [​IMG]

14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you Farrah

[​IMG]

15. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

16. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

What a unique and fun challenge! There may have been a time where I moved over to the next element in the kit because I just couldn't make a certain thing work...Even so, not bad considering how mismatched some of those kits were! For my own copy I'm planning to add a large photo of my class between the ricrac and the rectangles.

[​IMG]

17. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Such a fun scrap - thanks so much
    [​IMG]

18. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

So much fun Thank you
    [​IMG]

19. Erin2

Erin2 Well-Known Member

Turned out not so bad. Thank you for the challenge!
    [​IMG]