Trekmom's layouts

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Layouts' started by trekmom, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

Day 1: Blind Scrap
    I used two kits, Pink Reptile Designs Brand New Year and Paula Kesselring's Winter Wishes. In order to make sure I followed the rules, I took a pic with my cell phone and made a list. This was difficult for me as I don't normally use so many elements. One of them is a hat on my cat's head. The orange tabby named Butch Cassidy. On the right is the presicat, George Washington.
    I used Pink Reptile Designs Brand New Year, from this kit I used 1 frame green, 2 lavender frames for a total of 3 frames. I used the red bow from kit twice giving me 2 bows. I used Paula Kesslering's Winter Wishing and the 4 papers used were papers, 6, 3 (used twice in the frame for my journaling) 5 and 9. for the elements I used # 29 branches was used 2 times, 12, leaf was 4 times, giving me 6 leaves and branches. The paper for my journaling is from this kit as well, paper 3. My journaling has 7 lines of description. Yellow flowers # 22 used 7 times for 5 flowers. For the extra 8 elements I used the turquoise flower # 23 twice, I used the spots (?) #54 one time, the bird, # 4 used two times and # 27 the star used 4 times. Oh boy. MOC day one take 2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  2. trekmom

Day 2: List
    I used Forever Joy's Life's Journey Paper 17, Forever Joy's Basically Shabby paper 5, Forever Joy's Oh Boy, Tag Plain and Forever Joy's Lesson's Numbers 0-9 MOC day 2.jpg

3. trekmom

Day 3: Crazy Amount of Frames
    For this page I used:

Bella Gypsy Jawsome frame 1 and frame 2, Pattern 3, 6, 11, 12, 13. Solids, 2 , 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.

Paula Kesselring Photograph frames 9, 10 and 11.

Pennington Life Un, Daily frame 1 and 2. Scary Frame.

Forever Joy Tricky Frame rectangle Blue, Square light and square orange.

MOC day 3.jpg

4. trekmom

Day 4: Simple Template
    I've never had luck with templates moc day 4.jpg and was thankful for the tutorial. I only used the Kit from Pink Reptile Designs called Brand New Year for this page.
    templates
    from this kit I used Pointer gold wire, girl blue, banner resolutions, fireworks gold and teal, marker, think bubble, to do list, quote the best time, and bead scatter.

5. trekmom

Day 5: Grid Photo
    I used 3 colors, green, blue and orange. For my scrapping goodies, I used only Forever Joy's To The Moon. I have PSE 13 and had lots of trouble making this. Praying it's right. Moc day 5.jpg From Forever Joy's To The Moon kit, I used Shooting stars 1, Snip little, El Wa To the moon, star sequins and paper 9.

6. trekmom

Day 6: Scrappable Stackable

I hardly ever use templates, thank you for this one! The tutorial was helpful. I used the shadows with my photos and made clipping masks, I wanted a subdued pastel look. I ended up duplicating the clipping mask with my flower and bee in the center 3 times until it popped the way I wanted it to.
    From this kit, I used 005, 0011, 0013, layer r0040, layer r0045, layer 0071, 0019, 0023, 0056, 0071 and 0065. Added Forever Joy's Hydrangea kit goodies, Beautiful, Hydrangea sticker, bow and Forever.

MOC day 6 take 2.jpg

7. trekmom

Day 7: Magazine Inspiration

I used Sahlin Studios Photo Journal Magazine 7 and 8. A Pennington Life Un Daily paper 20, Scary Spider, Scary Stitches Flower, Paper strip 1 and paper strip 2. I made two pages, documenting the craziness of cleaning the basement during the holidays. MOC day 7 part 1.jpg Untitled-MOC day 7 part 2.jpg

8. trekmom

Day 8: Build your own tree

MOC day 8.jpg I used Little Butterfly Wings Real Life Kit and from that kit, I used S02, S07, S11 (colored papers, purple, gray and yellow) House, Scribbles 08, paint 04 (love) Paint 01 (circles of color) Paper frame, Paint 10 (best day) and tag red.
    My trunk is the house and the rest is family.

9. trekmom

Day 9: QR Code

is it a sign of old age? I don't scan QR codes. Anyhoooooo. I did my best.
    I linked the QR code to a song on U tube called A Thousand Wild Horses. It's a favorite of mine. I used L Grieveson Under Pressure, goodies: frame 1, tag, tag 2, Snippets 2 and 3 and heart paper 4. I also used Pink Reptile Designs, Transfer flowers. I used A Pennington's Life Unhinged Goodies: Scribbles and Paint 4, Scary Doodle, Scary paper 4 and 15, Scary lace, Daily paper 16, Dirty WA, Daily cards 8 and Scary scrap 2. MOC day 9.jpg

10. trekmom

Day 10: Altered Tags

I used Forever Joy's kit called Plaid Tidings along with the freebie tag. moc day 10.jpg I wanted to post some snarky comments in my page but for some weird reason all caps is on my PSE 13 and I haven't been able to figure out how to turn that off just yet. I've watched 3 tutorials on You Tube with no luck and my handsome IT guy, AKA husband, isn't helping.

11. trekmom

Day 11: 2020 Vision Board

Perhaps I was a tad too literal here but I got it done. I will post all of the numbered items in my personal thread due to length and not torturing everyone trying to read my crazy scrambled typepath and how my brain works. It's scary in there.
    I used Rebecca Bright Future: Note to Self. A Pennington's Life Unhinged: Scary paint scribbles. Pink Reptile Designs Reflections, Great Job and Proud of That. Pink Reptile Designs New Beginnings: Dymo, Right Here, Postal Stamp ad Bottle Cap. Pink Reptile Designs Time Flies: Word Strip, It's a Good Day, wa Time Flies and quote Always find Time. Bella Gypsy A Whole Mood paper.

here is my list of 20 items for my vision board:
    1: I’m a list maker by nature but it’s a getting things done list, not an emotional list. Things to do, I got it going on! I’m proud of this and will continue to be so.

2: Despite having the most incredibly horrible roller coaster of a year, I remain optimist in life. I’m happy despite daily nuisances, challenges, illnesses, because I chose to be and I will remain so.

3: There are some really wonderful life events to look forward to, my daughter is getting married very soon. My nephew and his fiancé are getting married in a few months in a destination wedding that we will attend. Joy is always on the vision board!

4: Despite being sick so often, I will try and move more.

5: I will not be afraid to have my knee replaced. I will let that fear go, and when the time is right, just do it.

6: I will wear what I want to wear and color my hair the way I want to, and I won’t be upset by the negative nay sayers.

7: I will make more art, set aside time a few times a week to make something that makes me happy.

8: I don’t know how but I will get that basement of mine cleaned up to be my crafting room, even if I have to make 100 trips to the thrift store.

9: I will ask for what I want and mean it but no worries, good manners are always in style.

10: I will shop less, I really do have everything I need. Except here, one can never have too many scrapping goodies.

11: Wake up my Fitbit and do my best every day.

12: Figure out how to get caught up on my favorite shows and move more too. Maybe when my basement is clean, I can get a treadmill. Someone should invent a crafting exercise machine, right?

13: I will remind myself daily of the many good things life has brought and not dwell on the rest. I know the good outweighs the bad, every day. One of my favorite songs, Lucky Girl by Patti Scialfa: Ohh, I guess I’m a lucky girl, I’ve been lucky since I found you. I’m a lucky girl.

14: Skip over the songs that get in my head and make me sad, trust me, there are many. No one will know if I don’t sing “have you ever seen a scarecrow filled with nothing but dust and leaves, if you’ve ever seen that scarecrow, then you’ve seen me.” Nope, love the song but gotta let it go.

15: I will be more proactive in getting back to optimal health, being sick all of the time is taking a huge toll on how well I live my life. I will not be sidelined, I will seek out more help.

16: I’m going to find a house cleaner for when I get my knee replaced so I have one less to worry about.

17: I’m going to buy a small freezer and make many meals ahead of time so I don’t have to worry about cooking so much when I have my knee replaced. #gameplan

18: I will take the medicine prescribed by my vein doctor before my vein procedures so I won’t be so nervous but they like my hockey stories that’s cool. Chatty Cathy is okay with them and it should be okay with me too. I will make it okay with me too.

19: This one is a toughie, I will do my best to promote positive self talk to myself. I’m a good “coach” and or “cheerleader” to everyone but myself. Time to end that.

20: Holy crap, I’m never going to make another emotional list ever again. This was draining. I’m tapped out. Which reminds me of the game my daughter used to play with me in the car. The Tap Out game. She put her music on until I couldn’t stand to hear it anymore and I “tapped out.” Ha, better idea, I’m going to make a list of the funny things my kids said and did that drove me crazy with laughter and love.

moc day 11.jpg

12. trekmom

Day 12: Filled Template

Added to the template I used these goodies: Sabrina's Creations Kindness: Wordbit 3, Bouquet stamp, Flair 3 paper paper lace, paper 4 and paper 10a and wreath sticker. MOC day 12.jpg

13. trekmom

Day 13: By the Numbers

I used Forever Joy's kit called Lovebirds, Goodies: her, him, branch sticker, pp 9, frame paper and Paula Kesselring's Getting Older transparent overlay. moc day 13.jpg

14. trekmom

moc day 16 take 2.jpg Day 16: Inspiration from Quotes

take two, please and thank you.
    I used the kit from Forever Joy called Yesterday.
    I used the quote from Mother Teresa.

15. trekmom

Day 17:
    Hindsight is 20-20
    when 30 years have passed by in the blink of an eye. I wish I had documented all the silly, cute, sassy, brilliant things that my kids have said and done over the years. Maybe it's not too late. I used A Pennington's Life Unhinged paint and Scribbles, L Grieveson Life Adventure Blog Hop life adventure, Blog hop cluster, blog hop 3. K Aagard Life is an adventure Hop paint. moc day 17.jpg

16. trekmom

Day 14: Photo Technique Silhouette

So, I grabbed my future son in law.. please? Daughter: Mom, don't bother him. Me: The sunset is just right. Thank goodness, he is so nice.
    I was all about the Pink Reptile Designs and Etc Dan for this.
    PRD New Begginings: and so the adventure begins, fireworks gold and blue, background texture grid, background texture dots.
    PRD reflections frame
    Etc Dan Just my Type solid 2 and butterfly.
    PRd Just My Type stamp car couple, heart paper, quote I am much more me, flower yarn white, trees. Untitled-moc day 14.jpg

17. trekmom

Day 19: Cutout background
    Oh my!
    The cool thing about challenge is learning something new even if it's difficult.
    For this page I took Bella Gypsy's Meowter Space pattern # 5 paper and marching ants cut out many stars, with a paper solid #2 underneath that was changed to red. The stars are different sizes, turned around, etc. The whole things makes me a bit queasy. The cats wanted to know why only 3 of them were off to space. I then took a break and bathed the 18 pound Butch Cassidy, oh joy! He's the cat in the middle. Sir Poopy butt of Milford, M'Lord. I used nothing else in this but Meowter Space goodies.
    In case you are curious, and all the cool cats are, in this page we have George Washington, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Adopted together. Not in this are Sir Ernest Shackleton and Harold Houdini. Houdini escaped and Ernest was off exploring. Don't tell the Sundance Kid he's wearing a dress, please. He already has issues. Untitled-moc day 19.jpg

18. trekmom

Day 20: Timeline
    It amused me how I had a clear idea in my head about how many Springsteen songs have carried through to my life and I had a list for each event and then poof, different direction! Just like life. Starting with a wedding in 1984 and time traveling to another wedding in 2020!
    I used Forever Joy's Basic Timekeeping: date ring and clock face. Forever Joy's Goal Digger, PP4. Forever Joy's Lovebirds, flower pink and leaf cluster. Etc Dan Timeteller paint border and paint 1. Pink Reptile Designs Time Flies, label circle, backgroun moc day 20.jpg d texture. Studio Basics Stargazer, clock. Lyrics from As Time Goes By written by Dooley Wilson.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  19. trekmom

Day 21: Organic Botanicals
    Moc day 21.jpg I've got more than 5 botanical items, in leaves.
    Bella Gypsy A Whole Mood paper xp 8, Little Butterfly Wings: Hello Handsome Leaves. KAagard: All The Feels, Mini leaves and Big Top leaves, Makers gotta Make leaves. Pink Reptile Designs, Out of this World, leaves, Wild Child Leaves and Cattitude leaves.
    The fern in the background is also my photo, and I lowered the visibility.

20. trekmom

Day 22: Clean and simple

I am so glad to do something so clean and minimalist. I used Little Butterfly Wings, Real Life camera b and paper 08 lightened. WA06 and paint 10. Pink reptile Designs, New Beginnings, glitter swoosh. moc day 22.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.