Tree up? Show it off | pad patter 12.2.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Dec 2, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

bhahaha. It is up! 0D1E062D-6B68-420F-9683-2427E9756777.jpeg
    But not done
    I got bummed half my prelit tree was out.
    Went and got a few more sets to fill it in. Wore me out haha

Donitab, cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It's beautiful, Anne! One year, that happened to us and we had to go buy more lights. Kinda defeats the purpose. It looks great! Ours isn't up - probably won't have one this year unless we get moved into our house in time. :(

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm so jealous! I'm not sure if we are even going to get a tree up at all this year. Our remodel started late and is taking longer than it was supposed to.... darn covid! All my new furniture is back ordered and who knows when it'll arrive. At this rate, I'll be happy if we are out of the construction zone by the time Christmas rolls around. I may just setup DDs table top tree that she usually puts in her room and we'll drive around and look at Christmas lights and just make the best of it. :giggle

Donitab likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I hope you get moved in for Christmas. This whole living in limbo is no fun!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh, I'll show a pic once it's up. This is the year of the lights not wanting to work. We had two strings of 300 go out, went to Target last night to get more and they were out of EVERYTHING, save for about 10 boxes of green lights. Those shelves were as cleaned out as the toilet paper shelves were in April.

DH went to Home Depot this morning (they had plenty in stock) so we could finish the lights before he went to work. Well, halfway through the first string decided to go out, so off it came and I went back to HD to exchange them. Hopefully we'll be good to go tonight!

Sorry for the long gab ... I seem to have lost the ability to be concise!

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

No, it isn't. We thought we'd be in by Thanksgiving, now they're not promising even by Christmas. :(

7. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We have our tree and decorations in the house (brought in from the garage), but it has been so cold (-10C) that we had to let everything get to room temp before we put the tree together. So hopefully we'll find time tonight to get decorating!

8. AnneofAlamo

this makes my head explode...oh that your stuff is frozen! you are making me cold, and we are 47 degrees, and I have a raging fire going !

HeatherB likes this.
  9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Mine is on my December 1st page... we kept things simple this year...

[​IMG]

Memaw2Wm and jenn mccabe like this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i'm not sure i'm doing one. eek. i'm just feeling lazy and tired and overwhelmed. we'll see ... i might muster the energy yet ...

elseepe and keepscrappin like this.
  11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I put out 3 table top trees. No photos yet, have had other things for the DYD pages so far. Since they are small trees, there is no decorating involved as the decorations stay on them all the time. Just put plastic bags over them for storage and pull it off to set them up. This is the first year I have put all three of them out. Usually I just use 2, one in my office where I spend the majority of my day and the other in the dining area. I did put the 3rd one in the living room this year. Since I have no lights on any of my trees, I also put out a lighted ceramic tree in the kitchen. The ceramic lighted house is in the living room. Only other thing that comes out every year is my "Christmas in Heaven" scene. Some years include a PM Nativity. I skipped that this year.

12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've never been that interested in decorating and my 17 year old, the one who has always loved decorating, is struggling with motivation, so I'm not sure whether we'll be doing it. The Halloween decorations never went up. On one hand, I don't care about decorations. On the other hand, it's sad that they are struggling and if they managed to decorate that would be a good thing.

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

14. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

I love your trees! This is the first time in I don't know how many years that we don't have a tree up by December 1st. Our daughter is in her final year of high school and has been writing her final exams. Our son isn't coming home from university (normally they'd have summer holidays now but they're only getting a week off because they're trying to make up for lost time due to our Covid lockdown)... And DH and I have just been so busy with work. Hopefully, we'll get some time this weekend to go get a tree and put it up :)

Donitab likes this.
  15. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I have a very unique tree this year. It's made of driftwood. I saw it on Pinterest and found a seller on Etsy. It was delivered after Christmas last year, so we've been waiting all year to put it up. I made a lot of new ornaments for it to along with the new beachy theme.
    web-tree1.jpg
    web-tree-2.jpg
    web-tree-3.jpg

Sokee, Donitab, Ferdy and 5 others like this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

@djp332 !!
    that is like an I spy wonderfulness! I want to see a in the dark photo! I am just wowed at the theme and it is beautiful!!

djp332 likes this.
  17. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

This is what my neighbor does, although she has to get someone to carry her tree up from the basement to her living room ... she doesn't like to carry it herself.

My tree is up. I dragged the bins down from the attic on Saturday, then set up the tree and hung the lights on it. Sunday morning I realized that the angel wasn't in any of the bins, so back up into the attic for frantic search. When I finally found it I remembered that after C*mas 2018 I separated out the GKs ornaments into their own bin and the angel was moved into a solid red bin. I couldn't find her last year either, so this year I taped a post-it note on the bin "Larry's Angel" so I won't freak out again next year.

Anyhow ... the GK decorated the tree, no photo though.

18. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I have to take a picture. We always get a small tree for our dining table. This year we got a Douglas Fir instead of a Noble Fir, so it's bushier than we're used to. Basically, it's short & round like me. :lol
    I let the kids decorate the whole thing. The lights never fully cover the tree & the back doesn't get many ornaments. But, they have fun & see their work as a thing of beauty.

19. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

This is lovely, and definitely unique

djp332 likes this.
  20. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

This might be me this year. Feeling a bit bummed that we may not get to see the kids this year (and if we did, we would have to drive to them). I can't remember but I might have found a little tabletop one as I was purging stuff earlier this year -- it might have to do.

jenn mccabe likes this.