TRACIE (& Anyone Else!), Are You Doing WITL This Week?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by LeeAndra, Nov 2, 2014.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I run my weeks from Monday - Sunday, so I am starting tomorrow. I am excited to attempt to capture a very normal/not-all-that-exciting week in our life as it stands right now. I'm taking a cue from Ali and trying to get some fun angle/perspective shots and getting at least a handful of self-timer shots every day.

Tracie, did you decide to do it this week, too? Anyone else?

I don't have a blog, but if you want to friend me on Facebook, I will be sharing some of my daily photos there.

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Good luck ladies!! I'm excited to see what you end up with!

3. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

4. editorialdragon

editorialdragon editorialdragon

5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Since I haven't been playing the game this weekend... I'll let someone else jump in here and kiss Bart :-)

Ok LeeAndra... I was waffling on whether or not I was going to do it, and then had actually forgotten about it until I read this thread this morning. Now I'm up and I've taken my first photo (with my big girl camera nonetheless!).

I'll friend you on fb. I have a blog, but I wasn't sure where to share my WITL photos since they're a little too detailed with our daily routines. I'll start an album on fb for them so I can keep organized.

6. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

i did it, still putting it together though.

7. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Our week will be a bit unusual because we were at Disneyland. Definitely not the typical WITL. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle it. :/

8. tkradtke

Okay... I've done okay so far this week with taking photos... but I really haven't done as much as I would have hoped. I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to do WITL as a separate book or if I should just incorporate it into my PL book (I'm thinking a page per day). I kind of like that idea, but I'm wondering if that defeats the purpose of WITL. It wouldn't be as easy to compare year to year if it's hidden in a PL. I'm trying to decide if I'm okay with that.

So here are my pros of including it in my PL:
    I would get it done and printed instead of waiting to do a separate book later.
    It seems like it could be a better fit since I don't have as many photos as I had thought I would.

Cons:
    It wouldn't be separate book and would be somewhat "hidden" within my PL book.

It's too early on a Saturday and my brain isn't fully functioning, so that's not much of a list. From that it looks like adding a WITL to my PL book wins... but will I regret not having a separate book to look at and compare year to year?

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm not having a separate album, Tracie. I'm just sticking it in with my other traditional + PL pages for the year.

The only time I do separate albums is for vacations and Countdown to Christmas/December Daily.

10. tkradtke

Great! Now I feel much better about including it in my regular project life album. I'm going to try to figure out a way to make it a page a day (at least) for this week so I can fit all of my details in. I love the idea of WITL but thinking about a separate album was a little daunting to me with all of the other photo projects I should be working on right now. I can do it as part of my PL without much stress. Less stress makes me happy! :-)

11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

How did you do overall, Tracie?! I ended up with 180ish photos for the week. I took more, but I really whittled it down to the ones that told our stories best.

12. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am feeling rather proud!! I just got mine in the mail the book Done! I ordered two (one for my mom for Christmas). I feel like I am all on top of it! lol...but I did the beginning of October. [​IMG]

13. tkradtke

That looks great Anne!

I did fair. At least I saw the week through! I'm proud of all of the day to day type photos I got, but I missed a bunch of stuff as well. Having two teens who aren't huge on having photos taken unless it's on their terms made it tough. This is especially true when they have friends around, and there were friends around Friday morning through Sunday night. The girls will at least pose for photos (although my daughter sort of freaks out that I'm embarrassing her if I try the candid route), my son will have none of it. This was a nice intro to WITL though. I feel like this has set the stage for me to do better next year. And since I'm including this in my PL book I don't feel like a failure because I don't have enough photos to make a separate book. All in all... I'm very glad I did it and look forward to next year!

14. tkradtke

Are there any kits here at TLP that would work particularly well for WITL? I'm looking mainly for journaling cards. Thanks!

15. sucali

sucali sucali

Wow Anne, how wonderful!!! You are fast...How many pages has your book?

Tracie I would incorporate it into your PL book...maybe with a special title page...

16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

25 pages! I really really loved it! I had so much fun making it, it was a good week to photograph and time to scrap!

17. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Here are some things I thought of when I saw your question.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Or there's a bundle with these cards, numbered cards, and some other elements, as well)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014