Totally personal question ... cuz that's just how I am!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Peppermint, Dec 13, 2009.

1. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

yes to both!

and I just sit there and wait, but I know I do not look non chalant. I have an awesome doctor and I think he was really worried for me last time cause my heart rate was insane....lol! (it normally runs really high anyways..) but I am pretty sure I just look like a moron sitting there. lol

2. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

lol i leave my socks on and shove my knickers under the bed,its the only time i ever wear a skirt and i hate it when the nurse gets her diagram out and shows me what she is gonna do while im lieing on the bed with a sheet of paper over me,yes ive had this done since i was 17 so i think i know the procedure by now.i had mine last week and it came back all good so lets hope the same for yours,least mines only 3 yearly so a while to wait now

3. Kristine

Kristine Start spreadin' the news ...

I feel like a wierdo - I always take my socks off! Now I'm convinced that the doctor thinks I'm a freak.

I do hide my underwear though.

4. dst212 (Daniela)

dst212 (Daniela) New Member

LOL... I never wear socks and I do hide my underwear. And I get very nervous, even though my doctor is the best and tries to keep my suffering to a minimum.

That reminds me I'm quite late with my check-up this year.

5. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

Hmmm...I usually go in the summer so no socks, but if I had them they would stay on. And yes for the undies.

6. ~Julie~

~Julie~ Member

Its funny that you brought it up because I have an appt on Wednesday. I have to say yes to both though, I have to wear socks and I do hide my underwear and bra, don't know why I hide my bra though.

7. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

Let me say that I TRY to look non-chalant, but I don't succeed, because the minute she walks in, she says things like, "Let's make this as quick as possible, I know you don't want to be here." But, unlike your doctor Peppermint, mine doesn't try to make the small talk during it, which I am SO happy for.

I had a doctor one time come in (before I moved here) and he was trying to ask me which Survivor I was rooting for. It felt very odd and disconcerting talking about Survivor when he was doing what he was doing.

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I actually am pretty non-chalant. It's certainly not where I want to be, but we all have to be there, and it certainly doesn't help if I stress over it. My doc is actually great - she's the queen of meaningless small talk.

9. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

I hide my undies. Usually in the leg of my pants. Don't know why.

I take my socks off. I take any and all opportunity to go barefoot. A girl has to live a little.

10. LOL I dont think the dr really makes small talk, but now that I think about it I realize maybe I try and block all details of it because its so awful. I just now I feel awkward and I wonder what they are thinking and yes, I really shouldn't think too much about this.

11. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

Yes, I'm risking being fired by sneaking on....but tell me this....am I the only one who has a crush on their doc? Mine is super cute and since he's delivered both of my children, I hold a special place for him in my heart.

12. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

Ummmm....no crush here. But I do like going to a woman. Does anyone else have this hang up?

13. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Mine is a woman, too, and while I'm fond of her as a person I don't want to date her or anything. LOL And I wish I could be more like Julie (words I never thought I would say) and not stress - but no matter how much I tell myself "it's okay, I've done this a ton of times, she does this all the time" the minute she tells me to "scootch down on the table" every molecule in my body starts screaming.

I do have a long history of having crushes on my son's pediatricians. It's just something about a guy who takes such good care of your baby ... how can you not develop a crush on that guy?

14. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Careful! :lmao

I think its an age thing - Mine. I still insist on going to a woman, but the last couple of years I've just sort of been "eh" about it. Not saying I enjoy it, but it just is what it is. :whoopdedoo

So. Do you feel sufficiently violated now?

15. Keela

Keela I have puppy fever!!

Mine has an amazing accent...but, she's a woman. I do love to hear her talk though. LOL!!! She talks about stuff the whole time while I'm cringing. I don't know why, but she hurts me more than my last OB/GYN. She may have smaller fingers, but shorter. Not good. :imok

16. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

You know - I've had women and men do the exam and I find men are more gentle. The man ObGYN I see now is so gentle that I can seriously feel almost nothing.

17. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

It's always someone different for me. Heck, I only met the doctor who delivered my bugga the moment he assumed the Johnny Bench position. So no crushes for me. LOL!

18. renee82

renee82 renee82

I usually take off my socks and make sure my toes are pretty... lol... and seriously who wear underwear anymore?????? ;)

19. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

I actually need to find a new doc for that sort of thing. I don't go to my old one anymore (a chick) and our new doc is a dude, and I don't know if I could handle it. I'm generally pretty laid back at that appointment but I think if my doc were a guy I'd feel weeeeeird.

I'm like 3 years behind, as well. Don't tell my doctor.

20. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Oh yea, totally violated. If I didn't have a school board meeting tonight I'd be at home getting sauced on margaritas. To make matters worse there was this handsome, young doctor standing right outside the door of the exam room I was going into. (My doctor is a dr. of internal medicine, so not an OB/Gyn .. she sees me for all my problems, and there are PLENTY). Anyway, he's standing out there chatting it up with another doctor and you can quite obviously see the whole pap preparation table and assorted apparatuses right in the middle of the room.

I was like "Hey .. 'sup?"