Totally panicking

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, Jan 12, 2016.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I just posted my first spread using the actions... I love how the pages turned out!

RebeccaH, bestcee and chloe_digiscrap like this.
  2. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

3. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Woah.... I've not seen this before. Think I might have to watch this video you all are talking about!

4. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I'm with you, Stacia! I have NO idea what they are talking about. But I saw the word "actions" and that did it for me!! Me and actions just don't jive. I have PSE 11 and I can't figure out actions for the life of me!! I have just really started using templates seriously here at this site. For 8 years, I have always created my own layouts, but when I see the awesome work you all do with templates, well, you are turning me around!!!!

Karen and chloe_digiscrap like this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love this template maker and I use it on pse11! If I recall correctly, there's a video that walks you through setting it up for pse. If not a video, then detailed instructions.
    Actions on pse11 are way easier than earlier versions. I know the setup took a few minutes, but it has saved me so much time!

chloe_digiscrap likes this.
  6. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

This is exactly what made me feel hesitant as well. I tried actions in a previous version of PSE and H.A.T.E.D. them. I NEVER use actions. But I might be willing to try for these!

7. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

I hear ya!! It's hard to work off of change sometimes. (Especially for those of us who like things just so) hee hee.
    I hope you find a good way through to 1) relax and 2) LOVE what you create!!

RebeccaH likes this.
  8. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Actions are so much easier in PSE11, that was the only reason I upgraded from PSE9.

bestcee and RebeccaH like this.
  9. RebeccaH

Ooooh! I love to hear this! I would love to see something that gives oversized photo options! That is where my happy lives. :)

10. tkradtke

Thanks Krista! It was just one of those panic moments while I was trying to find something new, yet something that still felt like "me". I'm too much of a planner sometimes, so not having a set plan that worked is what was really causing the panic. All good now! :-)

Karen likes this.
  11. tkradtke

Me too!! Me too!!!

12. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

What made it all a bit different is when CC came out rounded rectangles became a different type of "dynamic" shape... and PSE doesn't (or at the time didn't) recognize them. So for PSE I needed to make custom shapes with the same rounded edging size for each rectangle. I feel like Adobe makes it so PSE & CS don't play nicely together on purpose! I always find a way around though.

bestcee and chloe_digiscrap like this.
  13. RebeccaH

I've noticed that before too, and wondered at it. I don't get why they can't make PSE recognize or behave similarly to CS. I mean, I get that it's not as powerful, but you would think the basics could be the same.

14. RebeccaH

Me too! I grabbed this template maker set to give it a try, and I am hooked! I think this might be my approach for all of 2016!!