Totally panicking

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, Jan 12, 2016.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Seriously having that tight feeling in my chest right now which is ridiculous over a scrapbooking page!!

As you probably know, I like to pick one template set per year to use for my PL pages. I'm working on my second set of pages for the year and I'm freaking out... I can't do this template set. I just can't. I do like the way it looks, and I like the simplicity of it, but it's too simple. I have no real room to play at all. Plus it's a new set with few options.... I need options!! This is the second set of templates I have purchased for this year and then rejected. I have got to pick one this week before I have too many pages to redo.

Okay... now to focus and try to move on... sigh.

KellyM likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Okay... breathe! :giggle Maybe you should pick four templates for this year. rotate through them so you have some options to play with, but they still will go together for a cohesive book?

scrapsandsass likes this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I do know that feeling, I went to a paper crop long ago...and about lost my lunch. CUT a real photo...deep breath breathe kinda feeling. oh I can't wait to see what you come up with now.

bestcee and bellbird like this.
  4. tkradtke

Thanks @Karen and @AnneofAlamo!

Okay... my current plan is this... ignore it! :giggle

I need to calm down... so it's on to catching up with MOC! I am going to be taking a second look at my first set of rejected templates for this year and see if I was just too quick to dismiss them. But I'm not going to panic. I've been good with my bullet journal so far this year, so I have notes written down for each day, plus I've noted what photos were taken (and where they are), so I'm not going to lose much (if any) detail by slowing things down a bit. It's just my first year to really experience this, I usually start each year with a pretty solid plan. Oh well... it is what it is... on to tackling MOC days 11 and 12!

bestcee and Karen like this.
  5. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

That's why I bought Mommyish Pocket Template Maker action, that way I can make the exact page I need for my pictures and don't have to reject a pic because it's vertical and I only have an horizontal slot, or decide which of my two amazing photos I'll make small when I love them both! I've then tweaked the action so that it opens the base LO, creates the double pager for the PL page, creates the background as I like it, etc.

6. tkradtke

I did not know such a thing existed! Off to check it out!! I may be back with questions for you though!

7. chloe_digiscrap

I'll be happy to help if I can! Leah has video tutorials, though, they are linked in the product description so check that out, too!

KellyM likes this.
  8. jsutterfield4

jsutterfield4 Member

Oh I love her template maker! I use it for more things now than just PL pages, but this thing is a godsend!

bestcee, chloe_digiscrap and tkradtke like this.
  9. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Want to hear a shocker!? I have 365 photos for 3 years and have never done anything with them. . . .
    So You still have plenty of time to decide. LOL
    good luck in trying to decide what you want to do for this year.

KellyM, bestcee, RebeccaH and 3 others like this.
  10. tkradtke

Okay... I've watched the video on how to use the template maker and I think I'm going to go for it... I'm a little giddy about having so many options for layouts!

11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I adore when scrapping brings us to the euphoria of giddy! ♥

KellyM and Karen like this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love Mommyish Pocket Template Maker Action! I have used it tons! Good luck with it all :)

RebeccaH likes this.
  13. tkradtke

Okay... I just finished my first spread with the template maker actions and I think I may be in love! It was always fun to look through a big collection of templates to pick out the right one for my photos, but it was even more fun to make a template that fit all of my photos! Do you save your templates? I decided to save my blank template, just in case I want to use it again without have to recreate from scratch.

enjoyyourpix, bestcee and RebeccaH like this.
  14. tkradtke

Too funny! I've run the gamut of scrapping emotions today! Glad to be ending on a high note :-)

KellyM, Karen and chloe_digiscrap like this.
  15. chloe_digiscrap

Yay, that's great, I'm glad you enjoy it! Mind if I point this thread to Leah? @mommyish you made (another) scrapper happy today! ;)

As for your questions, nope, I don't save my templates. Since it's so fast to create them, I figure it's no big deal if I need the exact same spread ever again, I can re-do it quickly. As I said I've tweaked the action, though, for example I've combined the "create" and "resize" steps as I like my slots to be separated, so I always used them together. I'm also considering creating a few other dimensions, like 5 inches ones, because I'm using them sometimes, that would save me the "work" to create a 2in and a 3in and merge them after.

16. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Lol at giddy!

I like the look of this action too and I don't even do pocket style pages. I do like grid designs though and getting the spacing between the sections is a pain to get right.

17. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I've never used a template maker pack, but I usually just make my own templates. Any time I make a new one, I save it, or if it's really similar to another one I've done (like one has a 4x6 in a place where another has 2 3x4's), then I'll save layers as options inside the template file. That way I can choose which layer option I want (the 2 3x4s or the 1 4x6). But yes, I ALWAYS save my templates so that I don't have to recreate the wheel later!

18. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Okay, seriously! I just watched the video on those, too, and they look like a lot of fun! I might have to give it a try! Glad you found a solution that makes you happy @tkradtke!!

tkradtke likes this.
  19. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I might have to try that. I've been Frankensteining my project life layout pages for a while now. =D

RebeccaH likes this.
  20. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

I've been working on an add on with different sizes for photo shapes to help expand this as bit into non-traditional sized pockets. (YAY DIGITAL) I had put it off because I was a tad overwhelmed at how many sizing options there really are. :D I'm super happy to hear so many of you like it! <3