Took That 1st Step

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by JillW, Feb 7, 2019.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Over the past 10 years I've gained SO much dumb weight that it makes me sick to think about!
    Monday I FINALLY made a commitment to myself and joined a health club that concentrates on healthy eating - I'm on a low carb (<100 grams) program. Once I started looking at the # of carbs in the foods I was eating I was surprised! Rather than commit to a weight I want to meet, I gave them a size I want to wear - not sure how many pounds that will be, but I'm determined to make this work!!

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Congratulations!!! You can do this!!

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Best to you, Jill! Take it slow, and at your pace. When you find what works for you, stick with it! When you get stuck, or need some support, come here and chat! Typing keeps me from sticking things in my mouth! :giggle

I've lost weight in the past, and still have my pesky 15 to lose to be at my happy weight. I had to learn to limit my eating times (no after 8p), how much, and that helped me immensely. I also increased my water take and that helped curb how much I actually ate. You could say I follow that old saying... Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper... it worked for me.

A-M likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Sounds good, Jill. You can do it.

5. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Good on you Jill!! That first step is always so hard. You can do this. We've got you!

6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

You can do it! The first step is the most important!

Sometimes small things can make a big difference: DH insisted that I don't lose weight because I eat corn flakes for breakfast (and most days for dinner too). I quit having them, I think it was three weeks ago, mostly as an experiment (and also because I refused to pay full price for a product that's on a BOGO sale every other month, but that's another story!). I've lost almost 7 pounds ever since, and that's the only thing I changed in my eating habits.

LoveItScrapIt and BevG like this.
  7. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Jill, good on you. I hope you succeed in your goals.

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

WTG Jill...as you know, I went on a low carb plan (keto, then paleo) and over the last couple of yrs lost 75 lbs and have kept it off. I can tell you that it feels so good to be healthy, a good weight and lose the cravings and all the medical issues that came with the unhealthy eating and weight.

If you have any questions or want ideas on what to eat, message me on FB and I'd be happy to chat, or ask here and everyone can share in the info.

Congrats, my friend....give yourself some time to set up new habits and I promise you, you will look and feel better before you know it!

9. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

My mind says I am ready to do something but I don't know that my heart is in it. I am all about the quicker the better and not sure how that will work.

Best of Luck to you.

10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

JILL! in 3 months you will THANK YOURSELF and then you can scrap with Just Jaimee's kit:!
    [​IMG]
    low carb works for me...and once I started losing, exercise was added! YOU can do it! MOTIVATION!!
    [​IMG]

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Good for you, Jill!! Wishing you all the best! Sometimes the hardest step is just deciding to commit! You got this!

12. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

way to go, Jill!! congrats on your decision, and keep the faith, you'll reach your goals!!

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

14. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Congrats on committing to make a change! I need to hop back on that wagon, I've been a bit off my game lately with lots of stressful stuff happening.

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Good for you Jill! That first step is always the hardest! I know you can do it! Keep us updated on your progress too. It's always awesome to toot your own horn a bit when you're doing the healthy things and you get to see the results!

I made the same choice last January and lost 30+ lbs and so far I've kept it off. It was a slow process, but it kept happening when I quit eating all the things. I already had a work out buddy and we were working out 3 times a week like clockwork, but when I started tracking what I was eating... I KNEW where the problem was... I ate WAY too much and not great stuff. I didn't go low carb, but rather just started tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal (app) and that made all the difference in the world. I'm still logging everything and haven't missed a day in over a year! Keeping myself accountable is huge.

jenn mccabe and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  16. JillW

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!! Threads like this is one reason I LOVE the Pad!! :hug

17. JillW

This is totally me!! I really am not a big eater, but everything I ate was filled with carbs and calories! I think tracking food is great too!

Karen likes this.
  18. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Congrats!!! You can do this. We can do this. Let's Get it!

southernmother likes this.
  19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I joined a program too and am also tracking what I eat with an app. I cheated the last 2 days and now have to get back on the plan! I also started going to the gym - which is huge for me. I do not like gyms or working out with others at all. I prefer doing things outside or at home - but it's too cold outside and our tread climber in the basement bit the dust recently so I have no choice! I wish you luck on your journey Jill - it's a great feeling to commit to that first step! Routing for you! I just made this page last weekend ... and after I made it I was inspired to finally go to the gym! It's a little tongue in cheek but the steps are real and worthy!

[​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Awesome, I try and stick below 25g of carbs per day and I have lost 9kgs, my blood pressure and cholesterol are back into the normal range. We are all right behind you supporting you.