Too many holds at the library!!

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by amien1, Oct 25, 2018.

1. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I made the mistake of putting holds on almost my entire 'to-be read' list at my library.... Now they are all coming available at once! :circles

Yesterday I got the notice to pick up the one real book I asked for (Always by Sarah Jio) and then today I got two notices for digital holds available!!!
    A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell
    Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks

I'm going to try to read all three in the next three weeks! Yikes! Wish me luck & fast reading vibes! ha!

MrsEm, busywoman139, KellyM and 3 others like this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

ROFL....well if you read like you scrap I'm sure you'll be able to complete them.

I did that before. Luckily I read fast.

bellbird and amien1 like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've done that too! Good luck! I hope if you don't make it you can renew. :cheer

4. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

That happens to me a lot! I'll go from not having any books out to 5 at once!

5. amien1

lol thanks Kiana! I started the 1st one last night- so progress made! ;)

I should be able to renew the paper book & for the digital ones- I selected the 21 day checkout so hopefully I can at least knock both of those out & renew the other if I have too! ;)

Sounds about right... I was just thinking I need to look for more when I got all the emails! ha!

bellbird and michelepixels like this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I run out of time a lot with digital loans. I have to keep returning the unread ones and going back on the waiting list for them. I'm reading right now "The Darkest Minds" and am only 1/3 finished but it's due in 5 days. I'm pretty sure I'll have to go back on the waiting list to get it again to finish. When that happens, I try to remember to pin the cover and put the page # in the comments of where I left off so when I get it again I know where to start it again.

bellbird, LoveItScrapIt and amien1 like this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm sure you can do it! (I'm not a fast reader so 1 paper book would take me the whole 3 weeks but I think Nicholas Sparks would take me longer b/c I'd be trying to read thru tears if the movie adaptations are anything to go by!)

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Lol! That seems to happen to me all the time too... I'll be WAY down the list for months and then boom! They all become available at once! :giggle Be sure to come back and let us know how you like the ones you do manage to read! I'm always looking for good book recommendations. :)

9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

^^^ditto^^^

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

That has happened to me lately... I randomly picked up a book at the library a couple of weeks ago. Quickly found out that I was reading a sequel and requested the first book. When I went to return the book I started, I decided to pick up two quick YA novels to read.... which turned into four somehow once I got there. Then, almost immediately, my hold came in. Tried to power through books this weekend and I'm picking up the hold book tomorrow (on the last day to pick it up so I can stretch out my check out time).

I can't do digital holds... I usually decide to look for a digital copy at night when I need something to read and nothingis open. I'll browse through and put way too many on hold.... that all seem to come "in" at the same time!
    Halloween2018.png

amien1 likes this.
  11. amien1

Kisses! Yep! I finished one & am about 25% through the 2nd- I think I might just make it! ;)

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

OMG that always happens to me too! :)

13. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

I have done the same thing! LOL!

amien1 likes this.
  14. amien1

So far I'm doing good- I've read the two digital books, and of course another digital one became available so I'm reading that now before I get to the paper book! phew! I might just make it! lol!

15. amien1

You'd think I would learn- but it's happened AGAIN! I am about half way through 9 Perfect Strangers that is due in 4 days & I have 2 digital holds that JUST came available! sheesh! ;)

bestcee and Karen like this.
  16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Ha ha....me too....all the time! I have two libraries to order from and often tons come thru within a few days at a time. I end up having to return and put them on hold, again and again, until I can get to them.

BTW....A Simple Favor and Always were two I really liked lately. I have 9 Perfect Strangers on hold. I've got about 6 books due in 5-6 days.....hmmmm....I think I won't get them all read :)

Karen and amien1 like this.
  17. Karen

Ha ha ha! Only fellow digital book readers can sympathize with this "problem" Lol. It really is too bad that they can't find a way to let you have the book and keep it until you've read it. What difference could it make in the grand scheme of things if you check it out and don't read it right away. You can't share the book and you still want to read it... sometimes two weeks just isn't enough time!

amien1 likes this.
  18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

ooooooooh the hold syndrome! I haven't held a book in my hand for a few years now, but am major addicted to audio books. I get these tomes that are 18-24 hours of listening. Knowing I have a few waiting, and available makes me want to organize my house, take long road trips and stay up late crocheting and listening to my books!

I just had one book automatically return, and I am 5 chapters from being done..NOW I am on the waiting list again!

Catch me if you can...a hilarious book of a con man and the FBIs hunt for him. (true story, guess it was a movie with Tom Hanks). I am impatiently waiting for the hold to come in!

amien1 likes this.
  19. Karen

I loved that movie! My hubby and I have watched it several times! I wonder if I should read that book too! :)

20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

bhahha....put it on hold!
    :compcoffee:rofl:peekin

Karen, amien1 and bestcee like this.