Toenails-man, I hate cutting them-PP 1.13.2016

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 13, 2016.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Did I miss a much needed article in Cosmo or Teen growing up? I seriously dread cutting them. They never look nice, still bother me when I get in bed. Please, what are your secrets for this embarrassing avenue of my life? tee hee

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I dunno. I hate cutting mine too. Lol! If only someone could come give me weekly pedicures. Maybe after I win the powerball tonight? I'll pay for your weekly pedicures too and I'll even make them come to your house!

jesskab likes this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Ugh...add me to the list, too. I more hate cutting my kids toenails. I just hate feet in general. :P

4. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

Pedicure. I have mine done every few weeks or so ... more often during the summer. Pretty affordable at just $20 where I am, and they do such a great job. :)

Li Li Wee and Karen like this.
  5. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Pedicure for sure! I do my own in the winter and can hardly see what I'm doing anymore!

jesskab and jenevang like this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This or I cut and file smooth. I hate when they catch. I'm not a huge fan of feet, lol! Don't ask about my kids... I "gently" remind DH to do it.

7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

One word - Pedicure!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

I do not think I could bring my feet to let someone else touch...then pay them..bhhahhaha...but I never thought about filing..that may be the key!

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I didn't either. But then I had one because of a gift. And it was bliss! I totally out for pedicures in the summer.
    Right now, I'm waiting for that dang broken nail to fall off or grow out and it's driving me crazy!

My winter secret though is to cut my nails after a shower when they are clean and softer. And to buy new clippers yearly. It's amazing the difference in an old worn out pair and a new one.

10. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

This thread...

[​IMG]

As someone who wins the Wife of the Year Award b/c my DH has plantar fasciitis and I have to massage his feet daily. I just have to say...

[​IMG]

readingfool, jesskab and keepscrappin like this.
  11. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Pedicure. I don't really like anyone touching my feet either. The secret is to find someone you trust. I lurked by getting a manicure while I scoped how they handled feet. I can't do it myself anymore so now I go to the same nail place every three weeks or so. Makes my life much easier.

12. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Oh Anne, you come up with the most amusing topics. Me too hate cutting them. But I'm going to use Courtney's idea and buy a new pair of clippers. I usually try to do them after a shower as well.

13. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Seeing that I am a Cosmetologist, I actually love feet, and don't mind cutting toenails one bit (unless they are really bad...then I can think of things I like better). Anyway - pedis can be rather expensive, so I don't go and get them, but maybe that is because I can do my own. The key is a good toenail clippers - not the curved out kind either... I spotted one of those in my moms drawer and gasped...didn't know they even made them like that - those do a number on your toes...you need the kind that curves in slightly!

14. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I don't mind cutting mine after i shower and they're softer, but cutting the kids' nails is torture for both them and me! Im not a fan of dealing with others stinky feet! Mine of course don't stink.... lol

jk703 likes this.
  15. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

My husband always has nice toenail clippers. I steal his when I need to clip my toenails. I gotta tell you though, I have ugly feet. Over 25 years as a dancer, I've been on my toes the majority of my life. I don't mind cutting my talons though. What I can't stand is having do redo my fingernail polish after I've put a lot of effort into it.

16. khakisack

khakisack Active Member

I don't mind cutting my own toenails, but I hate cutting the kids'! I'm more afraid I'm going to cut their toe off than anything... but also? I think the "snip!" sound of toenails being cut is kinda disgusting! *gag*

jenevang and jk703 like this.
  17. AnneofAlamo

yes @khakisack Kristen, I hate doing my boys...they must soak in the tub..and they get sock guk in them too...oh ugh

khakisack likes this.
  18. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I have never put this much thought into toenails and I'm surprised by the strong feelings in this thread :giggle
    Srsly, I just cut them when they need cutting and then I'm done. (Do we not have a shrugging, indifferent smiley? :ballbounce)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  19. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

No, no, no, no, no....just no. You get mad kudos for this. I couldn't do it.

jenevang likes this.
  20. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I found a wonderful place for manicures and pedicures nearby but it definitely is pricey. I'm lucky to have nice nails but I'll say it's a challenge to actually SEE well enough to paint my toenails with as much precision as I'd like. Living in the land of sun and sandals, mine are painted pretty much all the time.

My son has the best nail clippers, we've never been able to find another pair like them. But I still look everywhere I go for a nice set. They can make all the difference in the world.