today i am grateful for..

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by la, Feb 12, 2013.

1. la

la A closet sap

my car not blowing up :p

the day before the big snow storm here.. my car decided to become quite enraged :p I've had a coolant leak for ever, but it was a slow one.. and usually caused by the coolant cap not being tight enough (Car is stupid. doesnt have a radiator cap. only the cap on the overflow tank) ... anyway.
    bad stuff happened. water pump stopped working, coolant boiled off suddenly and dumped out the overflow, except this caused an air pocket somehow and the sensors and so forth were supposedly in the air pocket, thus not alerting me, the driver that DANGER DANGER, your car is overheating and there's currently no coolant running through the system.

car started knocking as it overheated about 5 minutes from my destination, was pretty sure i was about to blow the head gasket or just BLOW up in general. It wasn't a pleasant sound :p

so then it sat for days...
    and got buried under 2+ feet of snow.

managed to top her off with coolant yesterday, burp the system to get rid of that pesky air pocket, and carefully drove her to the mechanic (knocking went away otherwise she was getting towed :p )

Got her back tonight. Hoorah. No major engine damage. Only cost 200 dollars to get her all ship shape again (some tubes, a pipe, and my ac belt (thus the water pump failure :p ) and we're all good to go again.

That could have been so so so much worse. SO.

So thank you... dear car, for not exploding the other day. I appreciate it.. as that would have caused a super unhappy time :p

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I knew 2+ feet of snow was the fix for somethin'!

3. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

LOL Dalis!

I guess if you are going to have a coolant problem, now is the time to have it! I hate unexpected car trouble. I'm glad the damage wasn't too bad and you're getting out of it relatively unscathed. :)

4. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I feel happy today that your card didn't blow up, too. : )

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yikes! Good thing you stopped when you did! Glad it wasn't super expensive!

6. la

la A closet sap

Lol seriously. Snow worked some magic. Haha

7. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Yikes! You dodged that one!

8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Glad it wasn't too expensive. It is a good thing you decided to leave it and not try to continue the rest of the way.

9. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Eek. I have no idea how you burp a car, but I'm glad everything turned out ok!!

10. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

As much as I would have loved to have my very own piece of La drift towards me from RI, I'm glad you are, in fact, still very much a whole person and non-exploded. :giggle

11. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

That sounds like it could've been super expensive! So glad it wasn't!