To Share or Not to Share|Pad Patter 2.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

We share a lot... but we do have our own computers... and of course we don't share toothbrushes lol

But our thing is food. We don't share food. We aren't ones to order an entree and share it. We also have special foods at home that we just ‘know’ not to get into... food is serious business!

upload_2019-2-18_10-4-56.gif

2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

So when we were in Copenhagen, we stayed at the Hilton. This was what the bed looked like.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see there is a split in in the duvet. Each person had their own duvet. And there was no top sheet. This was a concept so foreign to us, literally. We called housekeeping to get a top sheet. When we were speaking with the conceirge about something else, hubby actually asked if the split duvet was normal. It was, and at that point, he said well what if you want to snuggle? how does that work with two duvets? We were told that it gets worked out.

cfile likes this.
  3. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Most things are not shared unless they are part of our family room (throw blankets, for example). We don't have any special blankets on our bed, it's just the duvet and standard linens. Everyone has their own toothpaste because they use different bathrooms ... but I would totally share toothpaste with my husband if we had the same preference. I would never share a toothbrush ... ew. There is not a lot of overlap in our toiletries, so no sharing necessary. We all have exclusive rights to our own electronics.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh goodness, we share like crazy, hubby and I, but the kids, nope! Fights and craziness.
    As adoptive parents thru foster to a lot of kids, we learned right off. Everyone has there own color. Initials go on everything. There is no you can use this EVER. It turns into power play. Their lives before coming to our home is beyond words. So to help them deal with having things, they can ONLY have their things, not hoard, steal or hide others things. My older kids that are out of the house, still have their colors at their homes! funny!
    I hate when my husband goes on my puter! I do share it with one son ONLY for school. We have an old laptop, my other son uses (only for school).
    Hubs and I share tooth paste, blankets, and even recliner foot rest. He puts his up and I sit in adjoining couch with my feet on his footrest. We share vehicles, although I drive the van most times, but love to grab the truck now and again. We share bank accounts, passwords, and a warped sense of humor! lol

5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I thought the same thing! Even though we always give each other crap about hogging the blankets, etc. I don't think I'd want to not share with him! ;) I have a weird thing where I can't sleep unless I am touching him- usually it's my foot touching his leg or something similar, but when he's out of town- I end up clear on the other side of the bed 'looking' for him while I sleep! Weird I know!

As far as sharing- we don't share toothpaste either- mostly because I use a rx strength fluoride for my sensitive roots & he uses whatever I get free samples of. The kids each have their own, as my son doesn't like mint flavor, and of course my daughter ONLY likes the mint flavor. lol!

We also all have our own shampoos/conditioners that we use. I have an expensive one that is for blonde hair, the hubby uses just a bodywash/shampoo combo. My son uses a tear free baby shampoo still & my daughter picks out her own at the store usually.

We don't really share computers, the desktop is mostly mine. Hubby works on a computer all day at work, so he's not a fan of using the one at home. My daughter just got a chromebook for Christmas, so now she does her school work on it. My son doesn't really have homework that needs the computer just yet.

Other things- the coffee maker is all mine- no one else drinks it. We each have our own car- although we swap driving sometimes when we're out as a family. My hubby & kids are crazy about their own water bottles/cups.

bestcee likes this.
  6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I hadn't really thought about it, but now that I do, I realize that my husband and I share very little. I think we used to more, but throughout the years we've gotten a little more spread out. Bedding we share, but he travels the bulk of each month, so really we don't. I do love the concept of having two separate duvets and we've thought about that for when we buy our next bedding set. When we moved into this house we really became separate on things... we each have our own separate walk in closets. In the bathroom we each have our own sink and cabinet sets, and we even each have our own shower in our master bath.

We all have our own computers... my daughter just bought her Mac Book with her babysitting money. We share the printer... which is fine. But at one point, I was the only one who could connect to it and therefore was in charge of printing everyone's stuff. That made me crazy.

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh wow, Sara, I didn't have the nerve to put this on the board, but am piggy backing on yours. We don't share a bed, a bedroom, or a bathroom either. My hubby has always snored like a buzz saw and I have a sleep disorder, so those two don't work together. He now has a CPAP as well, and when we travel, I can sleep in the same room as him - but not the same bed. His breathing gets pretty regular, so he doesn't "snort" and scare me to death now.

We don't share laptops, either. I had a third one for Asher, but hubby's crashed, so he got Asher's. Now Asher doesn't have one, so he begs to use mine. I broke down and let him recently and everything was moved around - what do kids do to them??????? So, he's banned from mine now. He usually has his PS4 with him, though.

8. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Interesting read -- hubby and I share the bed and blankets and honestly there is no problem except now hubby has decided the 14 pound dog needs to share our bed and it is turning out that the little 14 pound dog does not like to share the bed and pushes us to one side. I think hubby and the dog might be pushed out to another bedroom.

We do share the toothpaste and it's funny I never considered not sharing.

bestcee likes this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I think that you and I would be surprised by the number of people who sleep separate from their partner (but usually women, IMHO lol). Or rather, you and I would not be surprised by how many couples sleep separately, but other people would be. ;)

blueberries and bestcee like this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love this! My husband hates when I want to try a bite of his food. But he has no problem finishing mine....Hmmm...

:compcoffee Seriously! I laughed at this! "worked out". Oh my gosh!

Yeah, no. Me either!

Does it count as sharing when you only have 1?!?!:hummm

Not that weird. I do this. I'm so glad DH doesn't work nights anymore because of this!

I want to see your bathroom! There's two showers?!?! That's so cool!

weaselwatchr and amien1 like this.
  11. bestcee

Before DH got his CPAP, I would end up on the couch some nights. My sister and her DH didn't sleep in the same room because she wakes up to the slightest noise, and he snored really really badly.

I don't know! But if you figure it out, let me know. The extra "traveling laptop" ie old computer replaced by the desktop, gets so much kid crap on it. How do they do that!?!?

12. Cherylndesigns

It drives me nuts!! His dad asked me "what did he do?" If I knew, I could fix it. Everything is just different - they just change everything!! All I know it all of my settings are different!! So, he's banned from my computer.

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

This is where I avoid 'sharing'. Munchkin empties the dishwasher, and usually DH fills it. I avoid it as much as possible. But I cook, so I figure it's a pretty fair trade off.

This is us too. We have a select few shows we watch together as a family.

I never thought about printers! We share one. That works best from my computer. LOL!

Oh shampoos! Yep, we each have our own there too. Mostly because I use 'girly' products, dh doesn't, and munchkin is still using baby shampoo because he always gets it in his eyes.

That's so awesome! What a great present for her!

That's awesome! My brother built mine, and I love it!

A CPAP is life-changing: for both partners!

I hate people who share these. Seriously. It feels so teenage-love story.

Tree City and bonnenuit like this.
  14. bestcee

Exactly! It's like you handed him a glass, and he broke it and handed it back. We know what it looked like, but we have no idea how it goes back together!

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We pretty much share everything around here (except toothbrushes).

We sort of have our own laptops but pretty much everyone uses them at different times.

Oh, every kid does have their own colored cup they use during the day...nobody else better touch their cup...or else! Oh, and every kid does have their own blanket.

bestcee likes this.
  16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We each have our own computers, but I share my iMac a bit. It's centrally located so it's good for when someone wants to show others a video, for example, and my girls sometimes do video editing here. Everyone does have their own account on my iMac; I don't share mine.

My husband and I share our bedding but when we had babies all of us had our own blankets.

We share most food, but often have things that are just for one of us. Especially my daughter with food allergies.

We kind of share our cars, especially the van, but I feel the van is more mine and my husband's car is definitely more his (he totally picked it out on his own).

We mostly have our own charging cables because having one in each room means not losing it . . . usually. We also each have our own earbuds/headphones.

We don't share clothes in our family but my daughter and her girlfriend share clothes a lot.

We share games, both electronic and board games. My son has his own collection of Steam games he manages on his own.

We share writing utensils, except my daughter who draws a lot has her own colored pencils and pens.

We share the t.v. and the Netflix account. We each have our own YouTube accounts though.

Okay, I'm sure there's more (and the obvious stuff like toothbrushes) but that's enough.

bestcee likes this.
  17. Cherylndesigns

Completely!!! All I know is EVERYTHING was different. It took me a few days to get everything sorted out. I still don't have everything sorted out. My next-to-oldest GS used to do the same thing to my laptop. He changed EVERYTHING - even all my icons were gone. Obviously, he was also banned from my laptop! I used to say "What did you do?"

bestcee likes this.
  18. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Ok.... so not exactly two separate showers... but our shower runs the entire length of one wall of our bathroom. We each have our own end, with our set of controls and shower heads (and also our own set of products). I can take a better photo, but you can see it see it here in this layout from a couple of years ago...

[​IMG]

bestcee and Karen like this.
  19. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

We share the normal things: house, bedrooms, bathrooms, bank accounts, bills, netflix, clothes, and the not fun things like coughs and colds... ugh! We don't share personal items/toiletries, computers, ipads, cell phones.... we all have our own. We have 4 drivers and 4 vehicles, so everyone has 1 that they mainly drive. I don't like sharing my SUV, but DH takes it without asking and I hate it because then I have to adjust the seat and mirrors back to fit me.

20. bestcee

That is awesome! I'm jealous of that amazing shower! And at least with them as one, it's less to clean right?