to be or not to be overexposed.

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by jojoma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jojoma

jojoma Member

Just wondering what ya'll think. It seems like it is almost trendy to have pics not totally blown out but just a bit overexposed. Here is a pic I took this weekend while on a photography field trip and I was playing around.

[​IMG]

I increased color saturation to get more detail on the left side but I also like the color contrast from the brightness of the right side.

So when you look at it do you think it's interesting or think wow that is really overexposed? Just curious thanks for your opinion.

2. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I cannot seem to get daring/artsy in taking pictures, I am pretty conservative I guess. I love the colors and detail on the left, but I still would have taken the exposure down a few notches. :) But it definitely is an interesting picture!

3. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

i think this photo looks amazing! beautifully done!

4. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I think it is gorgeous! I am definitely one to play with overexposure. I don't overexpose in camera, but I shoot in raw and then adjust in photoshop. Personally with this photo I would have masked off the left side because it is amazing, but I would have brought down the exposure just a tad on the right to get a bit more detail in the headlight and bumper (or whatever it is called, lol) on that side. But I love it and it is is a beautiful shot :)

5. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I think it's beautiful! I also tend to play with the exposure more in post-processing. That way I can always go back to my original photo. But in post-processing, I do sometimes over-expose for that look that you went for.

6. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

7. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I think it looks really good!

8. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

9. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

I love it too. I don't spend a whole lot of time playing with my photos but it is something I really want to get better at.

10. eryn

eryn gross no longer

I love it too! And I love the contrast between the left and right side! Personally I would have upped the overall contrast a little to give some more black, just cos I tend to do that, but I do love it as is!

11. jojoma

jojoma Member