TN refillable binder for hybrid journal?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Jan 5, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm back with yet another question. :hehe Where do you purchase your binders and plastic sleeve/pocket pages? I'm thinking I'd like a ring binder.

I'm now thinking of making my sewing journal a hybrid cahier size (5'x8.25"). That way I can add pages as I make them digitally then attach fabric samples, tags, sketches, etc., as needed. Maybe plastic pockets would be good, too. I'm having a heck of a time finding something online, probably because I don't know where to look AND I have an extremely difficult time knowing what I'm looking at on the screen. Can ya'll please point me in the right direction? Or should I consider a different size?

Thank you!!! :bkYou're the best!

julianz likes this.
  2. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

I'm curious about what people do with these odd sizes too.
    I was toying with some templates in 4x8 then wondered what I would do with them. My usual photobook printer only does 5x7 in small formats unless I put 2 per page and do an 8x8 book.
    I was then looking at someTN templates that I've never used and couldn't work out what I'd do with them. Do you print them yourself and how do you house them?
    We are pretty limited in NZ for both printers and scrapbook supplies. Shipping costs from the US are generally more than the cost of the item so by the time you've factored in exchange rates it's not worth it.
    I have a binder so I guess one (not quite so elegant) option would be to spiral bind my own book then print at home and glue in.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

@julianz Since this would be a working journal I'd need the smaller size to carry with me. I'd print the digital pages on my printer then add the other things afterwards. I just may end up using a small binder if I can't find anything else that works!

julianz likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!