Time Travel | Pad Patter 12.8

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Dec 8, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I read somewhere earlier that today is Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day! I guess I kinda traveled back to October since I spent the afternoon blowing leaves out of my yard :giggle. But, I'm currently trying to decide where I would want to time travel if I could. I'm a total hippie, so I'm thinking I'd like to head back to the 60's just to experience the culture and the music when it was in it's heyday. Or maybe the roaring 20's. I'm just not sure. I know I probably wouldn't want to stay anywhere else for very long, and I'm pretty sure I don't really want to visit the future for a lot of reasons.

What about you? If you could time travel, would you? What time period would you want to visit?

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Jan @IntenseMagic the 60's were a blast!!! I'm SO happy I was part of that. I would probably go back and become a total Flower Child - I would go to San Francisco and be part of the true hippie culture. I'm a hippie too! I've never NOT been a hippie. Hippie's never outgrow being Hippies. I'm just an Old Hippie now. LOL The music was THE BEST and I still listen to it and I'm still part of that amazing time. Motown was SO much a part of that culture, too. I'll join you there!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

My family has told me my whole life that I was born in the wrong generation. Well, I was born in the 60's but too young to enjoy most of it. My school kids even call me a hippie quite often lol. I agree, the music was the best!

4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@IntenseMagic Ohhh, cool question! I lived through the 60's, 70's... so not then! The medieval times! The clothing- the castles: This one (Peveril) is in my family history- being Lords of the Manor.
    [​IMG]

the knights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The roaring 20's - love the fashion
    [​IMG]
    and even the autos!
    [​IMG]
    AND The 1800's
    [​IMG]

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My favorite music is still 60's music. Those were my formative years (born in 1955). And, yes, that is an era I would like to go back to. Things were so much simpler in those days!

But, I also would like to go back to before October 1944 so I could meet my dad's brother that was killed in WW II. I have heard so much about Uncle Hank over the years that I would like to have met him myself. By doing that I could also meet my great-grandparents as well. All were deceased before I was born.

6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Three words: JAMIE FRIGGIN' FRASER.

[​IMG]

7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Medieval was my first thought too...just to visit though. Not to live.

8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

is the future an option?! i remember seeing the 2nd Back to Future and thinking that would be a spoiler for, well, now; but now i kinda want to fast forward and see how the world is, say in a hundred years - whether it looks like a Blade runner world or we go full circle and become a Jurassic World re-boot.

9. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I would go to a perfect summer day when my children were 4, 8, and 10 years old. I would pay anything to go back to a day with them and appreciate them more than I probably did then.

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is a really interesting idea... I'm not sure I can even fathom it! I think it would be cool to go way back to medieval times possibly, but I know that I could stay there for very long... I am quite aware how spoiled I am with modern conveniences. It would be SOOO cool to go back and meet some of the artists like DaVinci, Van Gogh and hang out with the impressionists though! Can I pack a bag full of modern art supplies with me?

I want nothing to do with the future. I think it would be terrifying.

11. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I have always thought it would be amazing to actually SEE the opening of Disneyland, so I would love to time travel back and experience that.

I would also love the opportunity to spend another day with my Granny who passed when I was 12.

Susan - s3js and Memaw2Wm like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'd love to check out the 1920-1940 range of time. I don't think I want to see what happens in the future.

13. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

I was not quite a year old when Disneyland opened so I didn't remember it, but I'm sure we were there because my Grandma worked there from the beginning. It was so magical. When I first remember it, we lived in Anaheim. I was about 2 1/2 because my baby brother was just crawling and started screaming the moment the fireworks went off on summer nights. Once he got to go see what all the noise was he was entranced, like all of us, and became quite the firebug. We had a birthday every month between Sep-Jan and would go to Disneyland on my birthday in October every other year and Knott's Berry Farm the next, then reverse it at Easter starting in 1958 when I turned 4. Since Grandma was a housekeeper in the Disneyland Hotel by then, she got to keep any tickets left by guests. There was no entrance fee, but you had to have tickets for each attraction. You could combine tickets for less expensive rides to ride the premium ones. I watched the Matterhorn being built from my front yard! I was even a real Mouseketeer with cloth ears instead of plastic ones. Did you know that Walt Disney really didn't like children? He built Disneyland for those who had lost out on the joy and wonder of childhood because of war.

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  14. Susan - s3js

Yum! Share??

15. Susan - s3js

I would love to go back to the late 18th century to see who my 4X great grandparents were in Lincolnshire, then sort of rock-skip around to meet all my ancestors.