Thyriod issues?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by dotcomkari, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

I've been in a viscous cycle for about five years now ... female issues (PCOS and estrogen dominance), borderline/abnormal hormone levels, insulin resistance, failing metabolism, subsequent weight gain et al ... and only after doing some extensive research on my own, AFTER having surgery that was only successful in reversing my symptoms and NOT correcting my root issue ... I shared what I found with my GP and GYN and am currently on a good track to getting everything under control again.

One thing that I've found that has really helped me, along with taking medication and the whole eating healthy and getting enough exercise thing, is taking Chromium.

See this link ... CHROMIUM on WebMD

I currently take a Women's One A Day Multivitamin/Multimineral supplement that contains 100% of the daily allowance of Chromium (120 mcg). Really LOVE how it works on my metabolism ... I also drink 3+ cups of Green Tea a day and try to take in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon each day (I usually put the cinnamon directly into my greek yogurt). The cinnamon is kinda tricky though ... too much of the bad kind of cinnamon is toxic to the liver and the good cinnamon has no effect on sugar metabolism, so reports have recently said.

Those of you who want to consider Chromium, talk to your MD first ... Chromium can have serious adverse effects on BP and other things. :) :)

Oh, and ANNE ... you are truly an INSPIRATION! HUGE congratulations on your achievement!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't know if there is chromium in my multivitamin or not. I'll have to go check.