Three Things on Your Mind

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Aug 10, 2018.

1. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

1.)Why do I sneak and eat candy when I am trying to diet? I feel like a druggie needing my next fix and wake up with thoughts of DeMet's Turtles!

2.) why do I want to clean my house but never get it done? I distract myself on Facebook or Youtube all day sometimes!

3.) I am excited about the recipe I am making for dinner today-https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/salmon-new-orleans/ Salmon New Orleans- it sounds AMAZING (but I will not eat as much at the recipe says as that is a TON of calories)

janedee likes this.
  2. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

There's been a lot on my mind recently but these are at the top this morning.
    1. What chores NEED to get done (because we seriously slacked off after getting a rough start to the week)?
    2. Because I just off the phone with my dad - What other damage is this monsoon season going to cause (our power went out for 10 hours the other day and now my parents are without power).
    3. Can I just scrapbook today and not deal with the world outside?

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

1. I have all day to create. Yippee!

2. I had a BP med recalled, and I have to see my doctor on Monday. Worrying about what "extras" have been in my meds, for how long, and what damage, if any, has occurred.

3. School starts on Monday and I'm happy and sad at the same time. The weekend seems to be going by so fast!

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

OH my gosh, that looks amazing!!

5. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

1. I need to shower soon so we are ready to hit the road at noon. :driving
    2. I hate ants (been battling them for past couple of weeks and so far, most are gone except I saw 3 today) :furious
    3. I'm enjoying my hot tea...aaahhh...caffeine! :D

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1. Why do birds choose to die at my house? (I get queasy seeing dead birds)

2. Will those I have asked to help me next week let me know if they are or do I have to find someone else?

3. When is Amy going to pick up the furniture she agreed to buy so she can refurbish to sell?

7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

1. When is it going to rain so the smoke will clear enough that I can go outside and weed my garden.

2. Can I get the baby sweater I'm knitting finished before dd gets back on Tuesday.

3. I need to get started on packing for our trip.

8. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

1. How is it already almost 630PM?

2. I really should start using one of the many planners I seem to be collecting.

3. Can I just go in my PJs to my sister's?

janedee likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Crossing my fingers for you!

Always. If not, tell them it's bread and milk like the pioneers....

Hmm..... Interesting....
    I do prefer real books for my kid. But I'd rather borrow ebooks for me from the library

Go to bed. Everything looks better in the morning.

Hopefully it's not the same as DH. His professor went to Hawaii. She might give feedback tomorrow, before the final draft is due at midnight......

My mom loves that show! I'll turn it on as background noise sometimes. The Parump ones make me laugh.

Tree City and jesskab like this.
  10. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Parump? :headscratch

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Nye county. It's the other side of the mountain from Las Vegas. There was actually a news article recently about how the LivePD cameras captured footage of a car chas le from Parump to Las Vegas.

12. carrie1977

Ohhhh....Nye County I know. I didn't know what Parump was/is. Haha!

bestcee likes this.
  13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

• Fires. It's wicked dry here, and a brush fire started yesterday afternoon about 10 miles east of us, with 20 mph winds. It spread crazyfast, crested a hill and two large neighborhoods were evacuated. 5 homes were destroyed. We drove through the area this morning, and it freaked me out a little - a house that we were about 30 seconds away from buying was part of the evacuation area, and the fire was literally in the backyard. Slightly too close for comfort for me.
    • On a lighter note - Planning for camping next week
    • Even lighter still - the wine we had with dinner was AH-mazing. Wondering if it's acceptable to open another bottle ...

Karen and Meredith78 like this.
  14. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

1. Glad my hubby is home this week. He usually travels for business, but his class is close to home this week.
    2. Why do I worry so much when worrying doesn't solve anything.
    3. Grateful that my friend is having a girls day with me including a pedicure -- her treat!

15. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

1. I'm sick, therefore it must only be a matter of time before the baby gets sick. AGAIN.

2. If it doesn't rain soon, and for an extended period, this bushfire season is going to be terrible.

3. I should logon to work and put an auto out of office saying I won't be in tomorrow but that seems too much like hard work.

16. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

1. I need a nap or to sleep in. Concert Saturday night, and one tomorrow, and then a few days off since family is going to visit means too many late nights, lol! Hoping to sneak in a couple sleep ins when I'm off.

2. I can't believe school starts in less than a month. I'm not happy. Nor, am I happy to shop for the supplies. Ugh. I would gladly give the school the money to do the shopping and ordering, lol! They could pry get a huge bulk order and save money!

3. I don't want to work. At least, one of my bosses is not here this week, so that helps tremendously. :)

17. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Eons ago when my kids were in elementary school, the PTA did exactly that as a fundraiser -- you ordered the supplies for the appropriate grade and then you picked them up a few days before school. They were all shrink wrapped together. It was awesome. However, I do love office supplies -- so I usually pick some up this time of year...but buying what I want and not what some list tells me to get.

bestcee and jk703 like this.
  18. carrie1977

I wish they would do this for everything...tell me what you need to last me the whole year - supplies, jog-a-thon, cookie dough, teacher appreciation, class parties, etc. It would just make life so much easier.

jk703 likes this.
  19. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

1) THREE DAYS TO DISNEY

2) I need to start packing...

3) How am I going to survive this trip?!

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

1. soccer soccer soccer
    2. How do you cook Halibut? (a friend traded us four huge fillets for some of my hubby's freshly caught Lake Perch)
    3. Should I start a new CAL (crochet-a-long)

[​IMG]