ThisLife by Shutterfly

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by tkradtke, Sep 15, 2015.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Is anyone using this for photo storage? I had looked at it a while back and wasn't sure I wanted to pay for it. But I looked again this week for some reason and noticed that it now has free unlimited photo storage. I've been uploading photos for the past couple of days and so far, I think I really like it. I know the agenda is to push their products, but I'm already a customer, so I'm okay with that. Their face recognition is really good, and it's been really easy to tag and organize photos. If you have a mac and use iPhoto, it will automatically upload your photos (I don't use iPhoto, so I haven't tested this out). I have it set to automatically upload my phone photos though.

Anyway... I haven't full explored it yet, but so far, so good!

2. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I will have to check that out. It would be nice to have "virtual access" to my photos when I'm not at home using the EHD. I am already a customer as well, so it would be nice to have them uploaded and I could throw together a quick book when they have a sale. :)

3. tkradtke

See... that's exactly what I'm thinking as well. I figure it will cause me to order more from them, but I'm hoping it's because I'm able to more readily take advantage of their free offers. I have a free 8x8 book code that expires tomorrow, I'm thinking will all of these past years' photos uploaded (my current count is over 16,000 photos... gulp!) I should be able to slap together a book pretty quickly. I just have to remind myself sometimes that my primary goal isn't necessarily scrapping, it's to get my photos printed and accessible.

I was using Amazon Prime Photos as a free backup (well... not really free, but included in your prime membership), but I found it hard to organize my photos and I had to download them to use them. ThisLife just seems more streamlined and user friendly.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's interesting that it's free now. I was interested in it when it first came out too, until i saw you had to pay extra. I might have to revisit it.

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I don't know much about this. I'll take a peek! Thanks, I usually like Shutterfly, and haven't had any issues when problems arose.

6. tkradtke

Observations so far...

1. I loved the face recognition feature... I actually still do. BUT... it seems to have stopped scanning for faces and I can't figure how to coax it into doing more. Everything I see says that it just automatically scans for faces, so I'm not seeing a way to start it up again.

2. If you want to do a project in Shutterfly, I would suggest starting in SF and getting the photos from TL, versus being in TL and trying to get photos to SF. I nearly sent myself over the edge trying to start in TL. Starting in SF worked pretty seamlessly... especially if you have the photos you want to use tagged.