This is SO embarrassing!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges - 2015' started by mrs2a50, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Mother Bear

Mother Bear Crikey!

This is so me...add a fear of getting lost into it as well.

2. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

It has taken me a fair piece to respond to this thread but i certainly feel it is fair for me to do so. I get embarrassed very easily and then I am embarrassed that I am embarrassed. Most recently, while at Burger King with my 75 year old mother, I couldn't figure out how to use the new coke freedom machine to get our drinks. I felt like I was a kid again when mom- Ms. Technophobe herself, showed me how to use it!

3. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

I have PTSD. That's not the embarrassing part.

I am short tempered and expect people to do things like I do and when they don't I don't cope well.

The embarrassing part is I am not good a people in the service industry doing their job wrong especially getting an order wrong. No matter how hard I try I almost always end up berating them and it's embarrassing for me that my family quietly deals with it. They even makes jokes about it now..."wait for it. here she goes."

There are so many things I have worked on over the years but I just can't seem to get than one sorted. People who don't know me just think I'm a horrible bitch.

4. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I was really hoping that someone was going to share this one so I could just be like..... ohhhh me tooooo, but alas, it hasn't happened yet. So, here goes. Very embarrassing. My last baby was 9 pounder with a very big head and I had her all naturally. Oof. The result of that is no amount of kegels will ever allow me to sneeze with a full bladder without... yep... tinkle. Just a tiny bit but enough that I am embarrassed even though nobody has ever noticed. Needless to say, there are no trampolines in my life either!

5. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

What on earth is a Coke freedom machine?!

6. lorryfach

Actually, I too am surprised no one else has mentioned this! This reminds me of this story about "perineal re-education" in France. In Denmark, it isn't a standard thing everyone does, but at your six-week follow-up, your doctor might refer you to physical therapy for your lady parts. Speaking of embarrassing, my doctor made such a referral after my second was born, and tried to reassure me by saying it was extremely common after the second child. "Um, my first was a cesarean." "Oh..." *awkward silence*

7. mollyscraps

I think you are quite brave for sharing this with us. I too have PTSD along with my generalized anxiety and depression. You are not alone. Great big hugs from me!

8. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I have a big brain. LOL. Really. It is physically too big for my skull. I have something called Chiari Malformation. It is one of those invisible disabilities that I didn't realize I had until last year. But because of that, one of the latest symptoms is that I am clumsy and constantly dropping things (especially keys and eggs [although not at the same time]). And at times I bump into walls or doorways or trip up stairs or other stupid things that frustrate me endlessly. I usually don't hurt myself, but it is just tiring to have to constantly clean up after myself or keep picking things up and/or try to maintain balance. I'm sure there are people who see me in public and think I'm drunk or something.

And weird thing #2... I used to be super social. But I have been a stay-at-home gran for the past five years. Now when I am in social situations, I do okay for a few minutes, but then get verbal diarrhea and probably scare people off with my ramblings. LOL. No fun.

9. silent ranks

Thank you Molly.
    I have had it for as long as I can remember but didn't know it for a very long time. I always thought I was just a moody b*#ch because everyone told me that. It was very liberating to be told different by a professional. These days (I'm in my 40s now) I am very open about it. I figure if people know about it and I educate them then I have a better chance of them being more understanding and if they aren't then they're not worth it.
    My only regret is not having a better understanding of myself and the condition before becoming a parent.

10. silent ranks

Wow! That is very interesting. I had never heard of that before.
    Social skills are like any skill. You have to practice them regularly to keep them. Just keep trying. Each activity you join it will make it easier for the next one.

11. mollyscraps

Well it is actually called a freestyle machine it turns out... *blush* (see... I really do embarrass easily). It is a soda fountain but a weird new-fangled thing...

http://http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/home/

[​IMG]

12. lorryfach

Oh wow. You know how many times I've gone out to eat and thought "if only I had over 100 Coke products to choose from"? Exactly no times. :giggle

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

me too! I really don't like them. I love fountain diet coke, but when I get it from one of these machines it just doesn't taste right.

14. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

Karen - I agree. The Diet coke in these machines tastes off. I only get the ginger ale vanilla in the machine...a)cause I like it b)you can't get in the grocery stores - but i don't really care for the machines personally.

When I am nervous or embarrassed I talk VERY fast...

15. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I just can't iron clothes. Just can't. Hate it as well so it's ok :)

16. MrsMessy

MrsMessy Hello, Newman ...

Oh boy. I'm so many of the things listed. But for now, I'll go with geographically challenged. I'm pretty good with countries, provinces, states, etc. But I've lived in the same small town for 10+ years and still have no idea which street is which.:spin

17. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I can't do North, South, East and West either, I am a left, right and landmark type of girl.

Even though my job entails me being around people I am not good socially at all. While I want to go out and be social able I don't know how. When I do get invited to things I have to force myself to not chicken out at the last minute. I wasn't always like this, it has gradually happened over the last 9 years. Like Jenn, I am much better online.

18. got2digiscrap

got2digiscrap Well-Known Member

I can't do North, South, East and West either. I do the landmark or left and right.

I also can't tell a Phillips from a Flat screwdriver, I go with the plus or the minus so I know what one to go get.

19. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I am tone deaf (born with an inner ear hearing loss) and can't sing on key to save my life. I also have a TERRIBLE memory for the words to songs so I make up my own. Off key with the wrong words -- get the picture?