This is SO embarrassing!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges - 2015' started by mrs2a50, Jan 23, 2015.

1. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

I can always manage to get food on myself. ALWAYS. Even my husband says it's kind of impressive how often it happens. Maybe explains why my one-year-old seems to eat with her whole body...

2. PuSticks

PuSticks Oh, bother

I think the one embarrassing thing I can share is that I have "slob vision"... This means I can happily walk around in a mess and "not see" it... I can happily avoid the laundry behind me for days and days before getting to it (seriously, I just realized the laundry basket behind me has been there for oh... 4 days?!) I'm working on it but it's just "not my thing" my cleaning goes in spurts, I'll spend 5 days cleaning EVERYTHING and then I don't "see" things for a week or two until it gets really bad again :(

3. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I have trouble using my cell phone. It's a smart phone and I say, "I'm too dumb for a smart phone," but I've been getting better.

4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I have that problem too! But here is a tip for you, if you take your hands and hold them outward with your thumbs and pointy finger extended, your left thumb and finger make the letter L on your left hand.

5. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Oh and I have no idea what direction is east north south west. Some customer had a fit with me Thursday because she asked if we were on the east side of the street I kept saying we are on the corner, there is a giant clock tower in the parking lot. Look for the clock tower.

6. quietgirl

quietgirl Active Member

totally with you, Julie......left and right!

7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

When I have to know my left from right, I start to sign my name in the air. Whichever hand moves must be my right one. lol I can do this even with my hands in my pockets so no one has to know.

8. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

I sometimes will start telling someone something and then forget halfway through why I was telling them in the first place.

9. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

OMG!!! I do this a lot too! :giggle

10. Nanascraps

Nanascraps Member

Not sure if this is a fun thread or not.... But my embarrassing trait is that I talk very loudly unless I am careful to stay aware of it. I'll be in a group and realize no one else can say anything because what I'm saying is so loud. I try to be conscious all the time, but I miss it more often than not. Yep...pretty embarrassing!

11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Lorry, you should NOT be embarrassed by Aspergers-
    I have a few friends with Aspergers kids, I worked with Speech & Language therapists with a couple of girls too....Aspergers genius are all over tghe world...if anything, you should be proud of how amazingly well you do in life... like Juliette said: I would never had guessed....
    So, do as momma Cynth says and not embarrassment by the Aspergers....
    :wubb
    now...that explains the 800 comments you did for the Birthday thread thingy in the gallery love-
    I was thinking you were some kind robot/machine making us believe you were human...I'm so glad to learn you are Aspergers....!!!!!! :giggle

eta:
    I have lots of little things I m embarrassed about...like listening to High School Musical and the likes (taking that my "child" is 18!!!!!)

but the one thing that really gets me is I swear a lot when I get nervous.... and I'm prone to road rage...thank goodness I don't carry a gun and a warrant card anymore LOL:driving

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  12. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

I'm pigeon-toed ... which only embarrasses me when people call attention to it. First time was in high school. I didn't know that sitting on the ground, hugging my knees, with my feet turned in, was physically impossible for some people, so they noticed. And said something out loud. I've been self conscious ever since.

13. lorryfach

I'm not! :) At least not directly. What I meant was, at seemingly random times, people will say something like, "uh, aren't you embarrassed about that?" and I seriously have no clue why I should be embarrassed. I don't know what I did or said, and they never want to tell me, because I guess they think it's embarrassing. It happens less as I've gotten older, though.

14. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

I am forgetful. As in... need to get to work and can't find my keys, phone, purse, computer, ... heck if my brain wasn't in my head....
    I've been known to take my son's phone and call or ping my own so I can locate it. We always get an extra set of keys when we buy a new vehicle, home, etc. so that hubby can put them somewhere safe in advance of when I lose my set. I have to badge in to the doors at work.... they have joked with me that if we ever get implants, I am first in line.

Sad thing is, that it is hereditary, my mom and older brother do the same thing... and my son is taking after me. Poor guy!

15. MrsPeel

ohh ok, I get you..... my English at this time of the night.... LOL

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am pigeon-toed too! I consciously started making my feet go closer to straight when I walked in grade school and now it's almost natural, but when I run, in they go!

17. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

Nothing to be embarrassed about! My husband has it too - nothing wrong with it at all. We can't all be social butterflies besides I think we'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has been more social than you this month! ;) Of course I know there are more aspects to it than the social part but this is one that popped out at me from you the past weeks I thought I had to share with you! :heartslub

18. lorryfach

I am much more social online than offline :giggle but thank you. :)

19. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

I am a homebody. I have a great time when I am out, so I have to push myself out. But if given a choice, I am happy at home :)

20. MrsPeel

but you did the video..... and with a sweet beautiful voice too :heartlub