This is not working for me

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by nativescrapper, Sep 27, 2012.

1. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

This is not working for me....I mean the ACDSee 15. Well I guess its working but its driving me crazy. Let me ask you a question all that use the ACDSee. See if you can see where Im doing it wrong.

Here is an example of what Im trying to do.
    I have a button from TLP Store by Kaye W, and I want to tag it together. So If I click on TLP it will show or if I click on Ellie folder it will show, or if I click on Kaye it will show.

How do I do that??

What I have been doing is opening a folder(1) and it shows all the folders in middle(2) and then I click on the folder in the middle and open the folder and I click on the button ...it highlights the button. Then I drag it to the folder I have on the right side (3)
    So far when i do that it works. But if I click on the button and select Tag it disappears. The middle (2) goes black and then i start pulling my hair out..LOL.

[​IMG]

I know im doing this wrong, maybe someone can help me. The support people are getting sick of me calling them ..lol.

2. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

Ok...let me see if I can help. When you have all of Kaye's stuff open in the middle, select them all (ctr+A) and then drag the word "Lilypad" from 3 on the right into the middle. You will get a dialog box about categorizing a list that contains a folder. I like seeing everything out of the folders so I click on the first one "add the items from the folders and its subfolders to the catagory".

I'm really impressed with your left hand column! It will be really easy to start to catagorize things when you're already so organized!

I can't get a screenshot to work right now (too many things open I think), but I have so many categories and subcategories. It really depends on how you plan on looking for things. I have all my elements sorted by type (flowers, alphas, ink, etc) and each of those are subcategoried by type (flowers are subbed into silk, doodled, paper, felt, acrylic).

Let me know if you need more help. I've been using ACDsee for 6 years I think?

3. nativescrapper

Let me go try it :) I had to lay down a take a little breather. I should be ready to try it out now :)

4. nativescrapper

I got all the items i have from TLP into the Lilypad folder! Yay!
    I also got my TLP Alphas into the Lilypad/Alpha folder. Yay!

I also made a folder just for Preview FOLDER. So when i clicked on it I just see the Preview Folder instead off the items :) Some of alphas I have dont have preview folders with it...bummer.

Next I will work on TLP Templates:)
    Thank you for helping. If I have anymore questions I will be back :)

5. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I'm glad it's making a little more sense to you.

You should be able to select one or more arrows in section 3 and have the option of does it match any one of the three criteria OR does it match all three. Not sure where you change from or to and but it can be done. Or have you figured all that out by now?

6. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Hmm this isn't how I do it at all. lol

I select all of the applicable items in the middle window there and then click the corresponding box on the right under the "properties" tab.

First I select all the items in the kit, and add the designer name in the Author box. Then I start tagging them by "type", then by color.

[​IMG]

Maybe your way sounds easier? But I'll be damned if I'm starting over at this point. LOL

7. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Ok I see the difference. I don't DRAG them over there. I just click the box. But I have a 2nd window open on the right that you don't have. The "properties" one. Otherwise I guess we are doing it the same.

Helpful hint: Make a BYOC category, and add subcategories for each month. Super SUPER handy to be able to see all your BYOC stuff in one window :)

8. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I use a different method for BYOC if you want to hear it. In my folder structure on the left hand side, my digi supplies are inside folders for designers that I have a number of items from. I also have a TLP folder that holds Collabs with sub folders and one named BYOC. At the end of each month I create a subfolder and then just copy the preview of the BYOC item into that folder. So if I want to look at all the Sept BYOC items, I can look in that subfolder to see the previews. This way require way more work than Angie's to get to the BYOC item but my organization structure on the right takes 7 screenshots to see it all and I don't like to add more than a few categories over there.

Hope you are still enjoying the program, Cheryl.

9. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i think i used the same method as angie,i have the proporties box open and just click away,needs doing again tho

10. milo82

milo82 milo82

yup properties box open ALL the way!! Also if you don't have folders for certain stuff...just go to the shoppe (If you have spair time) and copy the preview from there :D