There's nothing like the feeling...

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by bonnenuit, Jan 10, 2017.

1. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Of getting past the hurdle of a challenge that you're struggling with! I made it through the Day 6 Inspiration Board.

Have you made it over a challenge that you really struggled with in these first 10 days?

2. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

Yay for making it past the inspiration board! I almost caught up. I have one more challenge to do, probably one of my easiest ones to do. I just don't know what I want to do for it! :D Crazy, huh?!

3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I too made it past the inspiration board today. It's been the hardest one for me so far, just because I wasn' feeling the board. Now I feel like I can move on to the rest, which I don't anticipate having issues with. :)

4. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I wasn't "feeling" the Inspiration board either, but the hardest thing for me was the ATC card. I thought it was going to be quick and easy but I spent gobs of time on it and don't like the results. However, I'm dreading today's journaling challenge. I'm off to work on that now...

5. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

For me too it was the inspiration challenge! Lol :) got done with it today so hope to sleep better! :)

6. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Oh that Inspiration Board had me stumped too. I drew so much inspiration from it, it was wonderful, but couldn't do anything with it because I was overwhelmed! I did finally get through it (took a day and a half), but I didn't scrap at all yesterday because I was worn out. Hubby told me to just move on to the next challenge instead of constantly thinking about the Inspiration Board, but I wanted to get through it. Working on Day 7 now, and hopefully this one and the others come along quickly so I can catch up.

7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I was keeping up doing every challenge on the day it was posted until the Clean and Simple one.
    Now I am a day behind and schools go back today so I have even less time behind the pc than I had before.
    Here's hoping the new challenge will post earlier today and I can catch up.

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Define early.....

jk703 likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Pffft. My challenge is to get Challenge 2 done! Bwahahahaha!

I'm gonna get there! LOL

10. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

You can do it!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  11. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Read your tagline Missy. Once you get started. And we can watch you do one even.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  12. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Definitely the inspiration board. I stared and stared and stared, trying to pull things from it and I'm still not fully pleased with my final result (it's probably my least favorite of all my MOC layouts).

I also got lazy with the styles challenge, but now that I finished it, I LOVE STYLES!

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

way to go! (have been too inspired in too many different directions to pull anything together for that one yet!)

14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I haven't hit my hurdle yet. I doubt I will. Not because I'm such a great scrapper but I just am a kinda go with the flow person. I take it all in stride. It is a challenge and I get that some things will be harder/easier for me. Some techniques I may not like until I really get them down, and some I don't bother with after MOC. I'm just a laid back type of person so there hasn't been a "dread" at getting my pages done.

jenn mccabe, jk703 and Karen like this.
  15. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Good for you. Anything that involves journaling is a hurdle for me but I have been plugging along and I'm so happy to have the memories recorded.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    jenn mccabe likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Congrats on getting over your hurdle!!! I just went and checked out your page and it's wonderful!!
    I really try to focus on not overthinking any of the challenges, just open PS and do it. The inspiration one did take me a little longer than the others, but I loved the end result. There have been years when I skipped over one and came back to it, but it makes me twitchy not to do them in order hahahaha.

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I got kinda stumped on the All About challenge... cause unless someone MAKES me, I won't do an All About Me page (lol) and Paula didn't say I had to... so then I was stumped only because I had TOO many choices to do all about. I finally picked a subject and did that one last night. Woo-hoo! I'm still behind by a day, well, 2 if you count today. But that's what the weekends are for, right?

18. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This is mostly me. :) I am a positive person by nature, and going with the flow and not worrying keeps me happier!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  19. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I struggled with the Inspiration Board as well. I'm not sure why, I think the "5 things" tripped me up. And yes it feels great to have it done!!

I do love this month, though! Even the challenges that I find difficult usually result in pages that I will treasure and learning new styles and techniques that I wouldn't have tired otherwise.

bonnenuit likes this.