#the100dayproject | Pad Patter 3.31

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Mar 31, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Have any of you done #the100dayproject? If you've never heard of it, it's an online art project where you explore your creativity for 100 days and share it with the hashtag (or just do it for yourself). I heard about it a few years ago but haven't joined because I wasn't sure what I could commit to that I could keep up with for that long. I read a little more this year and after seeing that it should be something that takes about 5-10 minutes a day, I'm thinking I might give it a go. I have a few ideas in mind and I'm not sure which direction to go. It starts Tuesday April 2, so I've got a couple of days to decide. I would love to start picking up my big camera again, so I might commit to taking at least a photo a day with it. I would also love to write more, so I may do 5-10 minutes of journaling a day. I'm not sure I would keep up with scrapping a page every day, but that's an option, too...maybe a book or project I need to get done. I've heard others have done things like declutter, organize, draw, knit, quilt, design, learn a new tool...so it's really anything you want it to be.

I'm just curious if any of you have tried it before, and if so, what did you do? If not, are you interested?

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have been tossing the idea for almost a month. I also heard that some people split it and do 4 mini projects of 25 days or 2 projects of 50 days. I haven't touch my paints or sketch pencils in some time and I really want to be back to those, but 100 days seems like such a big commitment.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

It does seem like a long time, but I keep telling myself that I could take 5-10 minutes of the time I spend mindlessly scrolling FB or falling down a rabbit hole and do something creative with it...maybe create some new, more productive habits :giggle

Karen likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

hmm 100 days seems so long, not even sure what I’d do as all my creating is digital but in all honesty probably not something I’ll take up anytime soon between health issues and starting work in 16! days (just part time) plus job applications on the go constantly

Dalis, Tree City and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm so glad you brought this up! I always say I will but never do! Mine was always to try and doodle/draw on my iPad for 100 days. That's the one I would love to do but I doubt it will happen. (How's that for being optimistic? At least I'm keeping it real! LOL)

Jan, I love the idea to pick up the big camera each day for 100 days. That is more natural and possibly do-able for me. I also really love @Dalis 's idea to split it up into mini projects .... hmmm my wheels are churning.

I also bought a new clip on lens for my iPhone (that @ArmyGrl recommended) so I'd love to spend some time trying that one out. And then there's my TN's that have been neglected lately. Work has sucked the creative life out of me - but I'm starting to finally get used to the routine a bit more, so maybe this is do-able?!

4 mini projects of 25 days:
    • iPad drawing
    • DSLR photo a day
    • TN pages
    • iPhone w/new lens

6. IntenseMagic

Good luck with the new job, Jennifer!! I sure hope that your health issues improve!

Dalis and littlekiwi like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

I LOVE your ideas for the mini projects! I was thinking about the TN pages as well. I started off the year doing so well with them, but I've slacked off lately. I don't think I know about this iPhone lens?
    My wheels are churning even more now, too! I knew you guys would inspire me!

jenn mccabe and Dalis like this.
  8. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I saw your IG post and have really been wanting to do a better job of taking photos so I am committing to take a photo a day for 100 days (I am actually hoping this will prompt me to continue for rest of the year).

I would like to use my big dslr but I know I won't so I will be happy with my phone photos. Honestly most days it will probably by my little doggie buddy but I am OK with that.

wvsandy, Dalis and IntenseMagic like this.
  9. IntenseMagic

That's what I'm hoping, too! I was watching the Q&A video they have on the site and the first piece of advice she gave was to be kind to yourself and not stress. The idea is not perfection, but just to create.

jenn mccabe and Dalis like this.
  10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I hope they do too but my dr has warned me we may never fully figure it out because my main symptom fits into quite a few different things. We are still at the point of ruling things out that “might” cause fatigue - so far we’ve tested 12-13 things at the lab, I’ve had an eye test, i’ve been referred for a sleep study which will happen in the next 4 months.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I could probably commit to taking 1 photo a day for 100 days.
    I usually don't stick to things that long/open ended though.
    Let's try?

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh, this sounds like an amazing idea! I've hardly scrapped (or knitted or sewn or cooked) at all within the past couple of months, having to deal with an on-going community issue (NEVER live behind an elementary school!!), cleaning out my hard drive so my computer will function better, and being sick has taken it's toll on my creativity. This would be a great way to get the creative juices flowing again. I've a list of Quilting UFO 's (unfinished objects!) to get done, a sweater dress to finish knitting, prayer journals to start and use, a garden to get up and running, books to read, along with so many other things that it would be a good way to start working away at these fun things. And you're correct, you can accomplish a lot of things in just a few minutes a day!

Maybe we could have a forum here where people could post what they're doing?

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Congrats on the part time job!!! :circles

14. IntenseMagic

And hey, if you decide to change it up mid-stream, you can. It's pretty arbitrary :)

15. IntenseMagic

Definitely! My list of possibilities keeps growing haha. I might end up with 10 days of 10 different things :giggle But I need a push to create some new habits.
    The forum is a fun idea!!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

I hope that you get some answers from the sleep study. I know that you could use some relief and to at least know what you're dealing with.

17. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I know she says you need to be very specific, but I feel if I am too specific then I might never do it. I would love to sketch/paint, but I doubt I will be happy with something I can create in 5-15 mins, so I was thinking of something way broader like "create something". <===== I know... I know.... a bit broad. LOL!!!!!!

QuiltyMom and IntenseMagic like this.
  18. IntenseMagic

Same here as far as being broad. I need to be able to keep some options open in case it's not working for me lol

Dalis and QuiltyMom like this.
  19. IntenseMagic

She also said that, if you are going to be sharing your project on Instagram or other social media, you should create your own unique hashtag so that you can see all of your images together in one spot, and just your images.

Dalis and bestcee like this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I don't know if this is helpful, but for me, I notice that when my DSLR is out and accessible, I'm more likely to pick it up. So, since I spend a lot of time downstairs, it rotates between my kitchen counter and desk. They are about 15 steps apart. There's times I"ll grab my phone and look over and see my DSLR and go grab it instead because it's accessible.