The Story of the Pad and Becoming a Polly

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 5, 2017.

1. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Well said, Anne. This was my scrappy home long before becoming a Polly. :)

Sokee and amandac like this.
  2. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Anne I LOVE that blog post! You are an amazing author! :goldstars

As for me, like Anne, I started life here by "winning" a Guest spot in one of the monthly challenges. It was a busy time of year so I was asked to stay another month and then I was so THRILLED :cloud9 to be offered a permanent spot when a marketing position became available (and we all know I LIVE on FB so it was a match made in heaven :giggle).
    The vibe behind the scenes is truly amazing and supportive :grouphug and it flows out into the member forum and gallery covering the site in Polly magic. It really is one of the few online sites that always has POSITIVITY and love in all the threads and I pinch myself everyday knowing that I am part of it and surrounded by it.
    We feel that being a Polly is such a privilege and to us it means that we pay it forward in the "love stakes" :heartlub :beat :heartlub and I hope that is what you all feel from being part of the wonderful site site :happyhug

Sokee and lmccandless like this.
  3. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I love this post and it was timely for me because I was still not 100% sure what a polly's role was. Thank you for sharing!

I have to agree with the others who say they've tried other places and it just doesn't feel right. For me, scrapbooking isn't just photos and pretty elements. It's storytelling and sometimes the story isn't pretty or perfect. What I love about being here is that even your not so pretty stories are rooted on and cherished.

4. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

This is about the only online community I have even been on that does not have its little "cliques" or "popular girls who ignore the rest of the girls"! Thats why I love it here! Everyone is just here to hang out, have fun and share our creativity.

janedee, lmccandless and bestcee like this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Anne - you have such a way with words! You make me smile always! I remember when you first became a polly (it's hard to forget your enthusiasm LOL). Being a polly is such an honor and being a recent addition to pollydom, I am so grateful for you, Laura and all other pollys who have made me feel so comfortable and help me constantly as I find my footing. It truly is a wonderfully special place here for everyone.

6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I joined TLP a little more than a year ago and jumped into MOC4 right away. This past year+ has been an amazing year. I felt the warmth and welcome right away. And I feel that I've grown so much in my digital scrapbooking skills through all the challenges each month and through the generous feedback given by the members here. It's truly a joy to open up the computer each morning and check to see what's happening at the Pad. :)

lmccandless and amandac like this.
  7. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

Love your blog Anne! You have such a way with words! So very true!! Love the great many friends here that make this such a fun place to scrap and share memories!

lmccandless likes this.
  8. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Thanks for the story, I've been around digiland a long time and never saw that, this community is truly one of a kind!!

lmccandless likes this.
  9. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

And, btw, the 'dash' always gets me lol I remember listening to a podcast years ago and they kept saying "The-dash-Lily-pad", I say it in my head every time I hit the bookmark on my browser lol

10. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

This is really the first Forum I've played in and all I can say is WOW! It's a place where I can create from the heart and not be afraid to put my feelings, trials, tribulations (and the good times too) onto pages and receive the most heart-warming comments and virtual hugs when needed. Everyone here is wonderful and I'm so glad to be a part of this community! :heartslub

lmccandless and AnneofAlamo like this.
  11. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

That's exactly how I feel. No matter how much you come and go----they treat you like you never left. There is a huge heart wrapped right around this whole site!!! One thing I love here is you all talk!!! Don't know how to explain it. I am seriously thinking of saying goodbye to one site I belong to (and I belong to way too many!) because there is never any "talk". Everyone seems to be there for the challenges and that's it. There is no communication to speak of. And its a lovely site with lovely people. I want to communicate, chit chat, gab!!!! And you all sure do that here!!!!

12. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, I'm SURE glad you are here, my friend!!!!!

jwalls39 likes this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

@NancyP bahhah, talking is all I do, and my years of typing finally are paying off
    bhahahh
    [​IMG]

janedee and gwany1999 like this.
  14. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

:rofl:rofl Kermit totally cracks me up!!! lol!

The Pad is such a lovely warm and welcoming place and it has grown into a special place I call home now! So very proud and happy to be a Polly! Thanks to everyone that makes this place such a friendly and fun place to hang out! :grouphug:heartlub

jwalls39 and lmccandless like this.
  15. gwany1999

gwany1999 Worst Cooks in America - I watch it, I live it

I think what you said is super sweet. I have no expectations about winning the spot, for me the MOC is a motivator to get more layouts done.

16. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I've really enjoyed the short time I have been here and I'm very interested to hear how the Lilypad started...off to read about it!! Thanks for this post!

17. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

the pad wouldn't be the pad without you anne! :) thanks for making me smile this morning!

18. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Thanks for the great story Ann, I hadn't read it before. I have to agree, the Pad is the most warm, welcoming and positive of forums (along with having an amazing group of talented designers). I feel lucky to have found it last year when I started as a CT for Lynn halfway through MOC4. I got right into it and felt welcomed here from Day 1, so now the Pad is my place to hang out in digi scrapland.